A Conversation for Frankenstein (Genetically Modified) Foods

A cruel irony...

Post 1

26199

The naming of GM foods "Frankenstien" foods has a very different meaning to anyone who has ever come into contact with the original story... it isn't a horror story, it's a tragedy - about how difficult it can be for a community to overcome their fear of something they know nothing about, and how panic in the face of the unknown can bring out the worst in human nature...

I, for one, just wish that people with no knowledge, or only second-hand knowledge, of the subject would shut up about it... and that includes me, so I guess I should end this post right here.

Just leave it to the experts, eh?


A cruel irony...

Post 2

Richard

I have a lot of sympathy for these views (both the roots of Frankenstein and the shut up unless you know what you're talking about)

But, of course can't bring myself to leaving everything to the experts.

So perhaps we should find out more for ourselves and then rant if that is what our research demands.


A cruel irony...

Post 3

26199

*Agrees absolutely, completely and wholeheartedly, but really can't be bothered doing any real reason and will continue just telling people to shut up wherever possible, oh, and reading New Scientist*

smiley - smiley


A cruel irony...

Post 4

26199

*Sigh*

That should, of course, have read "real research".

PS I'd appreciate if you reply to this posting and not the one above, otherwise they'll get seperated and I'll end up looking (more of) and idiot.


A cruel irony...

Post 5

Researcher 160744

I am not an expert either ,but I just do not want to eat those garbages.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more