A Conversation for Truth

Truth, proof and struth why dont people spend more time looking for it insted of discussing it

Post 1

Methusalem

The underlying message of practicly all religion is that of truth being simply within oneself and within ones attainment. Many religions say they hold the truth but too many have also been manipulated to serve the means of the people administering 'their' religion. Many of the founding religions all have striking similarities and parralells between them (not just on a spiritual level but also through historical events and acounts of their gods) and much of the original material from which they were compiled can often be cross referenced to a degree. The mass of these ancient texts however have probaly been distroyed or lost however in many a rampage to conquer for the expansion of an empire. This is where it gets confusing and new religions pop up and others lost when existing religions are asimilated into the conquering nations present ideals and the conquered has to start using the others ideals or certainly asimilate many of its ideals into its original religion which has probably also been subject to change through similar means in the past. If this wasnt enough there is plenty of 'religion' which hasnt even been discovered or has simply been brushed aside for not being politically correct enough for want of better terminology.... eg 440bc was when the censors of rome compiled their edition of the bible and a large number of past scriptures were not included and there is also a wealth of knowledge from scriptures around the world that is inacessible to us simply because it hasnt been translated for us. And there isnt just ancient documents and afew dusty old religions for us to sift through, for a start theres plenty of people that'll do that for us and give us some understanding of what they've found, there is also a huge amount of archeological data that just doesnt quite live up to close scrutiny. Is this another area in which we can find truths about our origins and a deeper meaning of our existence? O.K. so meditation and praying isnt going to get us a first hand look at some of the archeological sites I talk of but it probably didnt get the gods there either, nor did it give them the magical ability to create some of these great wonders of construction (which often arent achievable even by the means we have at our disposal today nevermind the means acredited by archeoligists to the civilisations they say built them) but then with their spiritual knowledge and far advanced ideals and intelect above our own underdstanding at the time they maybe realised future generations might be able to, understand all there ideals and interpret what they left behind for us within rational terms or maybe for some irrational terms; namely those who do not wish to challenge the existing doctrines and barriers of institution. Which is all religion has become today, people are more willing to believe in omniscient beings, angels, flying saucers and conspiracy theories (it isnt merely coincidence that I've lumped these together either) than the actual believable facts put forward by dedicated people who wish challange the precident for our everyday existence.


Truth, proof and struth why dont people spend more time looking for it insted of discussing it

Post 2

homonovis

Well, okay. Quite a lot of opinion there.

What if 2000 years ago a travel-by space craft happened into this sector of the galaxy and one of the 'sailors' decided to pop down to this planet for a little R&R. Knowing sailors (having been one once) one of the crew decides to have a little fun and sees this nice, young lady wandering around the yard. She's all in awe because this sailor just showed up in a teleportation device, which is not something one sees too often back then. After a bit of talk-talk he decides to leave something behind when he leaves, and artificially inseminates the lass (there are strict rules onboard not to fraternize with the locals), and in the jargon of all sailors tells the wee lass he'll be back to pick up his son and show him the universe.

From her point of view some supreme being immaculately conceived a son with her , and dad said he'd be back in a coupla thousand years (his time).

Read the Bible from that perspective.

Poor King James couldn't take it (especially all that gibberish about reincarnation til you get it right) and decided to rewrite the Bible into his own version of the story. That's the most popular version to-date, though I don't know why.


the virgin mary.

Post 3

Megabyte

or, Mary had premarital sex and knowing that she whould be condemned, ashamed and possibly even stoned under certain conditions, she declared un ceasingly that she was a virgin and that her child must be that of a supreme being. A little white lie that got way out of hand. But regardless, jesus turned out to be a pretty nifty guy


Key: Complain about this post

Truth, proof and struth why dont people spend more time looking for it insted of discussing it

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more