A Conversation for Truth

The Great Truth

Post 1

Bugada The Almighty

The only reason people are on earth is to multiply, and therefore keep the balance. We've managed to screw that up pretty royally though. oh boy.


Another one;
Nothing you will ever do will ever matter. Think about it. if the earth exploded tommorrow, there would be no repercussions to the universe. Who would care? not humanity, or animality, we'd be too dead to care.


The Great Truth

Post 2

Methusalem

The fact that a great disaster could wipe us out tommorow is no reason to be complacent and believe that nothing matters 'cos you can't really cover 'truth' in such detail. I will however say that I do partially agree with you.... 'nothing you ever do will ever matter' and everything you do will always matter!
The truth is a big fat inexplicable, inescapable, awe inspiring paradox that surprises you when you least expect it to and lets you down when your at your most ready.


The Great Truth

Post 3

homonovis

You act as if "The Truth" is some kind of entitiy. I consider it to just be what is at any particular moment and then no more.

There can only be one truth (all else is a variation on the truth). Since no two things can occupy the same space and survive, this appears to hold up to inspection.

Everything else is but opinion: good, bad, right, wrong. We spend all our time chasing our tails in pursuit of considerations racing around the truth. Truth is just the exact time, place, form and event. How we feel about the truth becomes religious practice.

Of course catastrophe is always a great proving ground for observation, but one is usually tied up in the destruction, and running madly about screaming incomprehensibles, and so not much use for philosophising.

Is there a cult or sect that practices meditation while demolishing or blowing up things?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more