A Conversation for Public Information Films

parodies

Post 1

Harvey

What about the parodies of PIF's that harry Enfield did such gems as "L is for Labour.." and "Women, for pities sake..."

I think these deserve a mention, or at least a link somewhere.


parodies

Post 2

Harvey

And I think Charly was used in one of the Prodigy's early singles.


parodies

Post 3

evilnerfherder

Harry Hill did some parodies on 'TV Burp' a couple of years ago. Specifically the Alvin Stardust road safety one. Alvin actually appeared in it, too.


parodies

Post 4

cyclist1

I have been watching the reruns on uk gold of harry enfield, those "PIF" parodies are great. howeverto apreciate the true quality of them you must see the very old PIF films which can be found on the web such as "coughs and sneezes spread diseases" and "crossing the road". These were made around the Mid 1940's, bearing in mind that people have just come through WW2 and this is how they are repaid?. Harry enfield have got the parodies spot on.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more