A Conversation for International Driving Etiquette

Convoying

Post 1

Merkin

When driving in large numbers it is important to convoy.

the 10 rules of convoying are as follows:

1. The convoy always travels at the comfortable speed of the fastest car in the convoy. This is generally 10mph above the safe speed of the slowest car.

2. The driver with the least knowledge of the route to be taken should always drive at the front.

3. All cars in convoy should over/undertake each other as much as possible.

4. Any braking for speed cameras should be rapid and without prior warning.

5. Never use one lane when two can be used more amusingly.

6. Cigarettes shold always be offered between cars.

7. So should beer, crisps, do-nuts etc.

8. Regular breakaways should chase any sports car the convoy is obviously not capable of keeping up with.

9. In towns, the lead car should do it's best to go through all traffic lights on yellow, to insure that all following cars must jump the red light or get hopelessly lost.

10. Only one car should have a map (See rule 2)


Key: Complain about this post

Convoying

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more