A Conversation for International Driving Etiquette

Vancouver driving

Post 1

Fruitbat (Eric the)

Amazingly, simple courtesy will be found when motoring in Vancouver...although infrequently. There are some troubling habits to beware of, though, and they are:

Impatient motorists racing across the only open stretches of road (usually on a bridge)who must then come to a screeching halt for a traffic light.
Everyone in the city having the same idea at the same time, therefore causing frayed tempers when searching for parking.
The vehicle at the head of the cue only turning on the turn signal when the light turns green, despite the rush-hours traffic and massive que behind them.
Rolling stops at almost every posted Stop sign, and indignation at anyone who actually stops where instructed to.
Invincibility to harm through using a cell/car phone. Almost as bad as driving drunk, which many of the same behaviours.

While motorists are usually grudged to stop for pedestrians if they don't have to, nobody wants to be responsible for hitting one. Cyclists are the same; downtown, courier-cyclists act much the same way as motorists do. Cars will still avoid hitting them, although many likely want to.

Fruitbat


Key: Complain about this post

Vancouver driving

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more