A Conversation for Karaoke

karaoke

Post 1

Researcher 50770

Surprisingly, karaoke is one of the most popular past-times in Japan. This is probably due to it's close relationship with an inebriated state -- another popular past-time in Japan. Karaoke and alcohol, in similar quantities, are used to settle nerves after a hard day at the office, overcome social barriers and allow workers to get to know one another.


karaoke

Post 2

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

I just saw the funniest thing, in a Japanese restaurant. A woman sang "O Danny Boy" with the usual results: heavy Japanese accent, too much vibrato coupled with too much echo from the sound system, and she went flat. After the song was done, she was greeted with mild applause, but then the machine graded her! Gave her a 65%. I don't think I could face a microphone again after something like that, but she solved the problem with aplomb...she simply refused to look.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more