A Conversation for The Custom of Wiccaning

But... ...

Post 1

FredaPeople

Dearest Seraphina, I don't want this comment to be all negative so must say I was glad to see your article and glad that it is written in a friendly way that explains things sensibly: clearly with respect for the reader in mind - that comes across very strongly so thank you.

However, I am responding to your second para and its apparent premise that a christening and a wiccaning differ because the former leads/ties a child in to a belief system and the latter is done on the understanding that the child can make its own mind up when it is older. That just sounded like a stereotype. Think of human nature and what it is, Seraphina. No one faith has cornered the market in brainwashing, there are fascist parents everywhere including wiccan parents. There are understanding and respectful parents everywhere including Christian ones.

If someone grows up unable to reflect upon spiritual matters there are a shed load of influences to bear: genetic, parental personality, education, society etc.

Please don't add to religious divisions, there is enough of that already.

smiley - zen
Much love to you anyway and I bet you didn't really mean it come across like that.
Fred


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Custom of Wiccaning

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more