A Conversation for Things That Make Your Skin Crawl

The Chalkboard/Predator Connection

Post 1

Byzantine

There is a theory amoung amateur professionals -- in otherwords, I heard it somewhere but don't remember where -- that the uncomfortable feeling you get when someone scrapes a chalkboard has its origin in the evolution of the human species.

Supposedly, the roar of a primitive predator -- a primitive-man-eating sabre-tooth tiger, perhaps -- which is similar to the chalkboard sound begins causing the eebie-jeebies in primitive man when natural selection finds those who have the newly emerging squeemishness gene to be more likely to flee -- successfully -- from the jaws of the hungry predator.

What do you think? Boring Fact or Interesting Fiction?


The Chalkboard/Predator Connection

Post 2

Vikinglady

It´s the biggest load of garbage I have ever read! How the world did you come up with something like that? The worst of it is, you might be right for all I know!
I just joined this community, and I´m impressed over all you lunatics! I´m completely sane, of course. The fact that I have been abducted by aliens several times, hasn´t affected my sanity one bit!


Key: Complain about this post

The Chalkboard/Predator Connection

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more