A Conversation for Stupidity

???

Post 1

scrusso

ok well the article was pretty cool, but got kinda confusing with you saying "stupid" every other word.... i have a question though (kinda unrelated, but still along the "stupid" category..) - I am getting straight A's in the IBMYP program and when i tell people that, they say, "Well you must come from a smart family" or "Oh, so your brothers are in IB too right?" but really my brother is in the "dummy" classes at his school and barely passing. Why would so many ppl assume that smartness or stupidity depends on your family.... (I don't know how to word my question so i hope you understand me.. LOL)smiley - magic


???

Post 2

Vestboy

I just came across your questoin and you've probably forgotten you asked it by now. Cleverness and stupidity can be found in the same person. Imagine a brilliant scientist who invents something that then eats/kills/crushes him and then goes on to eat/kill/crush everyone else.

Many stupid actions are by "clever" people who misjudge the outcome of something. E.g. I was at the bottom of a flagpole once. The rope was still attached to the pole but there was no flag flying. I thought it would be a cool idea to put my foot in the loop in the rope and pull myself up the pole. Sounds feasible, doesn't it - I was quite strong. I put my foot in the loop and pulled the rope, which caused my foot to be pulled off the floor. This caused me to lose my balance which caused me to pull on the rope more to steady myself. This caused my foot to come off the floor even more which caused me to fall backwards which caused me to pull on the rope even more. This caused my second foot to leave the ground which caused me to pull on the rope even more and in the end I was flat on my back with both my feet about two feet up the pole and me with a rope in my hands and a stupid look on my face.


I see Stupid People.....

Post 3

mommiebird12

Oh thank you for making my day! LMAO!


I see Stupid People.....

Post 4

Vestboy

smiley - blush You're welcome


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more