A Conversation for Old Wives' Tales

Pins

Post 1

Cavebloke

See a pin and pick it up, and all the day you'll have... a pin.


Pins

Post 2

Evilist

What if when you bend to pick up the pin, you slip and the pin goes through your finger, then as you writhe in agont on the ground, a dog decides to make love to your leg, and whilst you are shaking the dog off your leg, a peticuarly shot sighted and deaf old woman decides to knock you down in her 15 year old banger of a car? That isn't very luck is it?


Pins

Post 3

Cavebloke

What if just as you're about to have a really nice day, you suddenly see the dark side of everything and spend your life moaning instead?


Pins

Post 4

jim

See a pin and pick it up and all the day you won't be hopping around in agony with a pin stuck through your foot.
This might be construed as lucky ...


Pins

Post 5

journeyman

Ahh the wonders of the human body
If you have to pick up a pin from a flat surface and you are not blessed with long fingernails (through being stressed / anxious / nervous / an IT manager / a rock-climber / all of the above) then the easiest way is just to push your finger hard onto it and let the general softness/stickiness of your fingertip lift it until you can get your thumb to it.
Trying to engineer something like this into manipulating devices for general purpose robots is one of the things that keeps cyberneticists awake at night.


Pins

Post 6

NeverBob

I'd recommend a "bubble gum" solution, except that it is far too simple and cost-effective. Therefore I recommend a search for the appropriate materials on a good-sized asteroid. Beyond Pluto.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more