Carol Knutson

2 Conversations

John Ridgway Save the Albatross Voyage 2003-4

AIM: TO PREVENT THE NEEDLESS SLAUGHTER OF THE ALBATROSS

Carol KnutsonBirdlife Volunteer - Leg 4, Melbourne, Australia to Wellington, NZ.

Since the age of 15, I have been actively involved in conservation and environment issues. I have travelled in USA, UK and Australia. Now 28, I am single and live in Wellington. I have good computer and design skills.

I travelled round New Zealand presenting an Environment Science Show to children aged 5-13.

For the past four years, I have been employed by the Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society of New Zealand. This is New Zealand’s largest conservation organisation and the New Zealand BirdLife Partner.

My work includes campaign promotion, education and website administration. We have a well-loved children’s information site and a Forest and Bird site, which has information on our major campaigns. With a friend, I have recently published a conservation and colouring book for children.

Over the past six months I have helped co-ordinate our national campaign to Save the Albatross. During this time my knowledge, interest and passion for the albatross has burgeoned. The albatross is an amazing animal and I am moved by its plight.

I’m also a sailor. At the beginning of 2001 I completed an ‘Intro to sailing’ course and since then have sailed most weeks and taken several opportunities to sail longer passages along the New Zealand coast, including being volunteer crew on the sail training ship ‘Spirit of New Zealand’. I enjoy life on a yacht and follow the mantra ‘Everything in its place and a place for everything – especially on a boat!’

I am excited, and feel privileged, to be a crew member on this voyage.

For the Albatross. For the adventure. For the Fun.

Carol Knutson

Wellington, NZ

May 2003

Back to the Volunteer Guidelines

Back to the Contents


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1063414

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more