A Conversation for Why Toast Falls Butter Side Down

Yello

Post 1

Timgu

Whatever morons decide to butter bread in their hands deserve their fate of butter-side-down (isn't that the name of a book?). I have always buttered my toast on a plate, whilst sitting down and have never suffered the indignity of having my toast end up being covered with half of the cat's old hair. It makes sense, go on, try it.

If one were to butter the floor, would it end toast side up???


Yello

Post 2

Dave E Lamp

Not if you tunnelled under the floor and attacked it from behind


Yello

Post 3

Skittler

It is also a well-observed fact that a cat, when dropped from a large but non-fatal height, will always land paws-down.

So, what happens if you strap a piece of buttered toast to the back of a cat and drop the whole assembly out of the window?


Yello

Post 4

Dave E Lamp

The cat would probably have a mid-flight crisis and suspend itself above the ground until the issue was resolved.


Yello

Post 5

clzoomer- a bit woobly

I believe that would only happen in Schrödinger's kitchen.

smiley - smiley


Yello

Post 6

Connie L

... yes, providing nobody opened the kitchen door to check what's happeing inside...

smiley - divaC.L.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Why Toast Falls Butter Side Down

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more