A Conversation for Tea

Same ingredients, different beverage

Post 1

Pest

In my office, my colleagues take great offence when I decline their offers to make me
a cup of tea. I don't know how they manage it, but they always seem to come up with
a totally undrinkable cup of cack.
It's odd, because we use the same water, same tea, same milk, yet I am the only
person whose tea I find palatable.........


Same ingredients, different beverage

Post 2

sassy.saint

Well often in my house hold I am am told I am the only person who can make a good cup of tea, however I have recently begun to suspect that this only so that I will get off the sofa and make my flat mate a cup of tea (I've recently over heard her use the same line to get other to make her tea). Methinks I smell a rat!


Same ingredients, different beverage

Post 3

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

There is definately a mystic element invovled. How else explain the surprisingly delicious brew made in a bucket by a railway work crew. As a gardener, I have learned that the one thing plants really can't abide is people who fart about. Maybe there is more of the plant in a cuppa than we appreciate.


Same ingredients, different beverage

Post 4

Cheerful Dragon

When we were first married and my husband asked me to make the tea, I would say 'You make better tea than I do'. His response would be 'You must need the practice', and I had to make the tea.
Now we've been married for more than 8 years and he tells me I make wonderful tea. Consequently, when he wants a cup, he expects me to make it because I am better at it than he is!

I have tried to apply his original argument (he needs the practice) to coffee-making, as I make better coffee than he does. I have had little success so far.

Sassy.saint is right to smell a rat!


Same ingredients, different beverage

Post 5

Crow the Cat

I like smelling rats. I would like to be invited to anyplace where I could smell rats. As for making tea, I always make my own: Drag a teabag from the kitchen cabinet, put it in the water-side of the combination food/water dish, wait, lap. Delicious!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more