A Conversation for Tea

Additional Questions

Post 1

Sway

I'm an American and was never a very big fan of tea except in the "iced" variety. But I'm willing to give DNA's method a try and attempt a "real" cup of tea. I have a question, though. What time should I do this? Is there an official "tea-time" or is it like Miller Beer's slogan, "It's Miller Time" referring to any time a beer is appropriate.


Additional Questions

Post 2

Mish Prefect

Tea, well, it's a bit like Lunch really, isn't it? Have it whenever you want.
Or that's what I though, correct me if i'm wrong, though.


Additional Questions

Post 3

Alex Egg

Could try afternoon tea. Thats rather traditional. Essential to eat a scone with cream and raspberry jam (jelly to you if you are american) - a scone is a baked sort of cake, made with flour, butter, bicarbonate of soda and a touch of salt, very tasty.


Additional Questions

Post 4

Researcher 37141

Surely Afternoon Tea occurs at 4.00pm (whether or not you condecend to be there at the same time)


Additional Questions

Post 5

Alex Egg

Sounds about right. Have to buy china tea cups and solid silver teapot. There is active guide entry on scones already if you want the recipe!


Additional Questions

Post 6

Jan^

I agree with researcher 37141 - tea time is 4pm. Before tea was discovered, this was of course hot water time (see Asterix in Britain for the full story) and this annoyed the Romans a lot.
P.S. specifically, the cream on the scones should be clotted, and if you are wild child, strawberry jam can be substituted for raspberry (preferably from Tiptree)


Additional Questions

Post 7

chris Researcher 26207

I know this is completely irrelevent, but could you visit my site because iam tying to see wheather my web counter is working. It seems to be going up and down like a yo-yo.....?? http://www.hands77.freeserve.co.uk


Additional Questions

Post 8

BlameLewis

It depends on your workplace...
At the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama 10:30am is, strangely "coffee time", when everybody drinks tea.
3:30pm, however, is "tea time" and then everybody drinks tea some more. With biscuits.
Hope that helps.


Additional Questions

Post 9

Researcher 27285

Scones must be buttered for the perfect "cream tea".


Additional Questions

Post 10

Diva

I have to agree that the one and only type of jam to use with scones is Tiptree jam, but then I would since my family come from that area!! Great place for visiting Americans to go to for a break in the country, just one example of our wonderful heritage - contrary to popular belief Essex has many more to offer, check it out. Shame I hate tea though - however it's made!!!!!


Additional Questions

Post 11

Очень Здорово

YES!!!!
Asterix rules!!!
i think sometimes that i am one of the few americans to have seen those shows. oh well
:Ю


Key: Complain about this post