A Conversation for Conspiracy Theories

Coincidence, or Conspiracy?

Post 1

Mr Prophet (General Purpose Genre Guru)

Comedian Bill Hicks once suggested that, when a new President is elected, he gets taken into a room with all the fat cat businessmen, who show him a short piece of footage, showing the Kennedy assassination from an angle they haven't seen before.

As far as Conspiracies go, surely the Kennedy entry should have a little something on RFK, Sirhan Sirhan and the girl in the polka-dot dress? Brainwashing, Manchurian Candidates and more dead Kennedys.

And have you noticed that presidential assassins John Wilkes Booth and Lee Harvey Oswald BOTH USE THREE NAMES! Coincidence? I don't THINK so!

And hey; let's not forget the Reticulan lizard-cult who are taking over the world, so say snooker commentator David Icke and his supporters. Queen Elizabeth II is a lizard in human guise, and Prince Charles swallows guinea pigs and human babies whle.
Or something.

To any interested parties, I can not recommend enough (or often enough) Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum, and The Big Book of Conspiraces (everything from Roswell to Jim Morrison in an easy to digest comic strip format: Does that strike anyone else as a little...convenient?).

Oh, and of course the Fortean Times, giving monthly updates on the weird and wonderful, in a surprisingly balanced way.

It's all tosh of course. Or is that just what THEY want us to think?

The Prophet.


Coincidence, or Conspiracy?

Post 2

Just zis Guy, you know? † Cyclist [A690572] :: At the 51st centile of ursine intelligence

And booth shot Lincoln in a theatre and escaped to a library; Oswald shot fomr an book depository and ran to a theatre - and wasn't Kennedy's car registration the same as Archduke Ferdinand's?


Coincidence, or Conspiracy?

Post 3

Eccentra

There's also that Lincoln was shot in Ford Theater and when Kennedy was shot he was riding in a Ford Lincoln. Something about their respective secretaries, too. There's also a consipiracy theory about the death of Marilyn Monroe.


Coincidence, or Conspiracy?

Post 4

Mr Prophet (General Purpose Genre Guru)

I think that's simpler isn't it? She was supposedly bumped off for getting preggers by a politically-aspiring Kennedy or something? Barely anything.

Unless you factor in the Nazi gold under the British Embassy from the airport novel in A Life Less Ordinary.

The Prophet.


Coincidence, or Conspiracy?

Post 5

Markpl31

Has anyone ever noticed that we have never seen Saddam Hussein and Colonel Saunder (of KFC fame) in the same room?

Mere coincidence? I dont think so. You dont have to be a Colonel to make chicken!!


Bob marley

Post 6

Morcheeba

as you can imagine,bob was given lots of presents in his life and i believe one of these led to his demise....he was given a pair of football boots and when he was putting them on something jabbed at one of his toe's...on closer inspection a thin slither of copper wire was found inside the boot...years later that same toe becabe cancerous and being a rasta he believed in letting Jah decide his fait and it was far to late when he finally decided to get some cemo.....also..Peter Tosh,one time Whailer was shot dead in a supposed robbery at the home of a friend on september 11th 1982 no less..make of it what you will.


Key: Complain about this post