A Conversation for The Mystery of Flannan Isle

Good on the BBC re-Macarthur of Flannan mystery.

Post 1

Bomberzak

I have been advising mosts sites(pedantic as it is) that the correct spelling for Donald Macarthur, the occasional is such, not McArthur(irish spelling), as some sites have had up.

Just changed the wiki page and was pleasantly surprised to see that the BBC have already had the correct spelling of the name, unlike the majority of sites on-line, who have probably taken it from the ill informed wikipedia.

He was a relation of mine, my Grandfathers Uncle to be precise and i am making it my days work to have his name spelt correctly, so as not to be lost in history with the wrong spelling.

Thank you BBC, some sense at last is found on this www.


Good on the BBC re-Macarthur of Flannan mystery.

Post 2

KeMac

Hello,
I have a photo of one of the other missing keepers Thomas Marshall and I believe the man standing next to him is Donald Macarthur and next to him possibly James Ducat (also one of the missing men ) plus NLB Superintendent Robert Muirhead. While Marshall’s identity is confirmed by his relatives I cannot id any of the other men without seeing pictures of them – very frustrating.
Brgds
KeMac1


Key: Complain about this post

Good on the BBC re-Macarthur of Flannan mystery.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more