This is the Message Centre for

BMT's 4th Nov. NaJoPoMo

Post 1

Researcher 14993127

Well, it seems there's no sign yet of a master plan to deal with the asbestos issue.smiley - spacesmiley - shrug
I've got a horrible feeling I may have to do some butt kicking to get the housing folk to treat this with at least a little sense of urgency.
Its almost as good as the existing plans they have for replacement doors and windows. We still have old, softwood single glazed windows which do nothing to keep heat in during the winter. I found out recently from other residents that these plans have been on the table for 9yrs so far and still no firm date as to when it actually happens.
In September we had a Fire Safety Audit and it transpires we failed that audit in terms of our main entrance doors and front doors to all flats failing the required standard. A notice was served on the housing association telling them they had to replace all with solid beech doors and this work had to be completed by end of October.smiley - spacesmiley - ermsmiley - space Here we are, 4th Nov and we haven't even had surveys/quotes done yet! smiley - spacesmiley - facepalm
I'm beginning to wonder whether my move here is turning into a big mistake but mistake or not, I'm stuck here now. As far as other places are concerned I no longer qualify to be on a moving/waiting list as I'm deemed to be in a quote, "place of safety that (in theory) meet my needs" unquote. Doesn't stop me applying to other places, just means I'm not a priority and could be on waiting lists for years.
So it means making the best out of a bad job and if I have to stir the pot here via outside sources then so be it.smiley - spacesmiley - evilgrin
Have a good day folks. ttfn. smiley - spacesmiley - towel

smiley - cat

BMT's 4th Nov. NaJoPoMo

Post 2

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

It just doesn't stop, does it?

Go get 'em, Floyd

BMT's 4th Nov. NaJoPoMo

Post 3

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

smiley - goodluck
hosing places make lots of promises then don't actually do anything once they've got you in. I hope you have some luck making them actually do the work they need to do

BMT's 4th Nov. NaJoPoMo

Post 4

minorvogonpoet

You do have some rights:
http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/housing_e/housing_renting_a_home_e/renting_from_a_social_housing_landlord.htm#repairs_and_improvements

BMT's 4th Nov. NaJoPoMo

Post 5

Deb

I say kick up as much fuss as possible. And stir others up to do the same. Write to councillors. Write to local media. Write to anyone who might possibly, however remotely, have anything to do with your situation. Maybe eventually they'll be so fed up with you they'll deal with you. The principal of shutting up those who shout loudest.

Deb smiley - cheerup

BMT's 4th Nov. NaJoPoMo

Post 6

Sol

I'm with deb. Be that squeaky wheel!

BMT's 4th Nov. NaJoPoMo

Post 7

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

BMT's 4th Nov. NaJoPoMo

Post 8

Superfrenchie

smiley - biro

What deb said.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more