A Conversation for Electrocution

Tips for avoiding electrocution

Post 21

Bluebottle

smiley - fish Can electric eels be electrocuted? If not, then the best way to avoid electrocution would be to become an electric eel. smiley - fish

Post 22

MaW

As was said to me, a useful tip would be nice.

And I did think that perhaps a stainless steel suit of armour wouldn't rust, or at least not as fast. You could also try a gold suit of armour, or at least gold-plated, as we know gold is extremely unreactive.

Post 23

Bluebottle

Your suit of armour could well be made out of Diamond, as we all know, that is the hardest substance known to man - partly because it is so tough, but mostly because most fiance's demand you spend a fair portion of your wages on buying it for them. A diamond suit of armour would not rust at all - but if you did have one, would you need to be under the sea still?

Post 24

Tweedle Dee

no.

Post 25

MaW

Diamond does not conduct electricity, so it would be perfect... except that when you heat it under normal conditions it turns into granite, which does conduct electricity. So if it did get struck by lightning it would immediately become useless and your money would have been wasted.

Post 26

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

er... MaW... shouldn't that be "graphite"? Unless you are an alchemist...?

Post 27

Bluebottle

If so, what's the secret of turniong Granite into diamond?

Why not just put a SEP field around you? Then the electricity won't electrocute you and will become someone else's problem.

Post 28

Demon Drawer

I saw a programme on that a few weeks back, apparently De Beers (The Diamond cartel) can currently detect the man made stuff, but they are getting better and bigger man made diamonds being produced from graphite, with almost lifelike Colour, Clarity, plus the Claret size is going up and Cut is what happens after but even the planes are good. However I have forgotten my 5th C.

Post 29

Quantum Cat Not Here

If you had a diamond suit of armour and weren't living under the sea, the insurance costs would be so great you would have to live in a bank vault. As bank vaults are usually metal, you would be completely protected from lightning and the diamond turning into graphite. But wouldn't it be better to sell the suit, which must be worth a fortune, and build a metal house to live in?

Key: Complain about this post