A Conversation for Referencing h2g2

Heart-warming

Post 1

Gnomon - time to move on

As a writer of the Guide, I find it heart-warming to find that the articles we spend time writing are being used by people. This is what the Guide is for.

I recently found one of my own entries referenced in the bibliography of a book on Indiana Jones.smiley - smiley


Heart-warming

Post 2

Icy North

I agree. It's one of those things which make it all worthwhile.

Other heart-warming things are:

smiley - boingsmiley - spaceSeeing your entry appear near the top of a Google search (particularly if you were looking for something else)

smiley - boingsmiley - spaceHaving someone sign up as a Researcher purely to post how much they enjoyed your entry (even if you never see them again)


Heart-warming

Post 3

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Excellent entry. smiley - ta It is comforting (if not specifically heartwarming) to know that h2g2 researchers are being taken seriously in the outside whirled!

The rise of Wiki has for a long time been a dis-incentive to those who invested heavily in the Edited Guide, and it's good to see h2g2 being seen as a credible source for reference materials.

Thanks to Icy North for having our interests at heart and taking the time to make us aware of this. It is important that h2g2 researchers' efforts be recognised and credited.

For, as they recently said at Facebook: "All your content are belong to us."

smiley - cheers
~jwf~



Heart-warming

Post 4

Malabarista - now with added pony

Does mean we have a duty to research well, though!

Personally, I try to reference at least one h2g2 Entry in every paper, but they're not being published. The thesis might be, so I'll ask around for suitable Entries then smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more