A Conversation for Talking Point: Your Worst Job

Distributing newspapers - depending on season

Post 1

Titania (gone for lunch)

During my student years, I used to work summers and holidays carrying out newspapers.

In the summer, it was a great job - fresh air, exercise, the sky already light even at 3 am (the time I got up), and even during a rainy summer, it'd never rain that early in the morning. Also, only half the load of papers, many subscriptions being put on hold while people were out of town. And you'd have the rest of the day off for sunning and bathing.

I once did the mistake of agreeing to work a week in the begginning of winter, and it turned out to be the complete opposite - pitch dark, freezing cold, the load of papers so huge there was no room for myself on the bike at the beginning of the round, icy roads. And you can't really count up the correct number of papers with mittens on, which means you freeze your fingers off.


Key: Complain about this post

Distributing newspapers - depending on season

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more