The h2g2 Post 29.08.16

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 29th August 2016

All the News That Fits

Storm clouds over the Walmart First, the weather: it's finally been raining over the Post Office's US branch. For which the Editor is grateful. Those poor plants were looking so forlorn, even with watering. Of course, the Editor gets daily Yorkshire weather reports from the Prof, wanted or not. Are you British? Do you find it impossible to avoid talking about the weather? Do you hate talking about the weather, and crave asylum in some sane country? Try Germany, they never discuss it there. Willem reports that spring is coming in South Africa, and he's transplanting. Which brings us to the Farm Reports. We have quite a bit of that in today's issue. Help SashaQ by captioning the amazing pea photo. Then join us in speculating just what mischief those hens are up to. We suspect they're demanding Chicken Suffrage.

Do you find these bucolic interests beneath you? You claim to be a citizen of the urban elite of the 21st Century? Ha! Amy would tell you to get a henhouse for the balcony. Nonetheless, the h2g2 Post is here to meet your needs. We have high-tech and space-type Stuff, just for you. Let Galaxy Babe update you on the latest in astronomy news, while Nigel lets you know just what the primary school kids are doing with their satellite projects. Yes, little kids have beaten you in the space race. Check it out. While you're reading, test your knowledge of today's digital movers and shakers with the Post Quiz.

We have literature for your perusal and discussion. Awix explains why he's frustrated with the Oxford cinema scene, and offers a welcome review for those who, like him, are suffering from Jason Statham withdrawal. We've got opportunities for you to read, comment, write, and send us more Stuff. (Please send us more Stuff. Otherwise, you get too many kitty photos…)

And now, back to your regularly scheduled nonsense. Have a grand week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

POETRY AND ORNITHOLOGY SECTION
(What do you mean, you don't see the connection?)
  • Natal Robin-Chat  by Willem.
  • Some poets for hire near the Globe Theatre.

SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

AGRICULTURAL NEWS

  • A pea picked by SashaQ.
  • An outrage meeting of hens.

LITERARY TOPICS
ADVENTURES IN WRITING
  • Create August Challenge.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87874023

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more