The h2g2 Post 09.02.15

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 9th February 2015

Boldly (But Coldly) Going

Salute to Beagle 2.They found Beagle 2. We're glad they located the brave little craft, whose career was so tragically cut short. Many are the mysteries of Mars, but at least one of them has now been solved.

In other animal-related news, the Groundhog has let us down. Six more weeks of winter in the northern hemisphere. This is certainly true in Punxsutawney Phil's backyard, where it snowed six more inches on 2 February. The beer-drinking crowd may not have noticed, and the schoolkids were happy because the next day was a 'snow day'. But us grumpy old grownups are getting sick and tired of all this winter. Grumble, grumble.

Fear not, friends. The h2g2 Post is here to help.

We've got the amazing Gerenuks, from down in the warm part of the planet. Willem will tell you about this rare and interesting beastie. Speaking of rare, Cactuscafe has found some knitted cakes. Yes, knitted cakes. Our reporters are first-rate sleuths, you know. Other wonders here include another fractured fairytale, an intriguing computer game, and a find-a-grave quiz.

This month, you're supposed to be sharing your ancestor stories. We've got some items to pique you interest on that score, and you can pop in at Peer Review to see what ancestor-related Entries show up there. Get cracking on your writing – February's a short month!

Drop in on our contributors and say hello. Wave a frozen hand. Then put it back in your mitten, you silly lot, and stay warm, dry, and happy till we see you next week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

WILD AND DOMESTIC
  • Gerenuks by Willem.
  • A piggy and his friend.


NOT RUN-OF-THE-MILL

INTIMATE INDOORS

  • Knitted cakes.
  • Ancestor proposal.

FUN AND GAMES

WHAT'S UP, WHAT'S ON?
  • February Create.
  • History gets funky in  Peer Review.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87844477

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more