The h2g2 Post 21.04.14

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 21st April 2014

Dancing in the Rain

Chief Turtle does the rain dance.Have you been singing in the rain? We have changeable weather here on the US East Coast. Earlier this week, it was balmy. Yesterday, it rained buckets. Today, the sun is out, but we've got the heat on. Ah, well. Weather: can't live with it, can't move to another planet. (Although Nigel's working on it.)

Our Create writers have been working the weather theme, as well. We've got something poetic for you this week, courtesy of Herenna, and Bel has recorded more weather-related news in the Frankfurt area. All she had to do was turn the camera around. Okay, we stop complaining.

There's other great Stuff in this week's issue. Willem's back with a cute jackal –, yes, it's cute   – and another one of those beautiful plants with a weird name. Wonders never cease in Willem's natural world.

Freewayriding got inspired by a dream. You'll really want to read this story. Our fiction writers keep us thinking. So do Awix, benjaminpmoore, Smudger, and Bluebottle, all of whom are back with news and views of interest to h2g2ers. Read, comment, and get ideas for your next project.

We hope everyone found all the Easter eggs in the bushes. Otherwise, there may be some startled ground birds. If anything really weird shows up in the next edition of Colours of Wildlife, we'll know who to blame.

Have a good week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

ENDEARING NATURE
  • Black-baked jackal by Willem
  • .

  • Gladiolus alatus by Willem.


ENDEARING STORIES

BOTH SIDES NOW

  • The Raven.
  • Just turn around.

WEATHER OR NOT

OUTSIDE ACTIVITIES
  • Aliens go deer spotting.
  • The real housewives of Sussex.
  • .

FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87822958

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more