The h2g2 Post 27.05.13

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 27th May 2013

Starry Skies

The ISS.
Look! Up in orbit! It's the International Space Station. What are they doing on the orbital frontier? Dodging tiny meteors. Working hard. Yeah, yeah. They're also making music videos. Those people rock. Especially Commander Chadwick, who recently made music history by singing with Barenaked Ladies. The Ladies were on the ground, but Hadfield was floating around with his guitar. The intrepid Canadian also produced a supercool David Bowie cover while he was getting ready to leave. Obviously, Galaxy Babe and your editor are over the moon about all this, so expect us to rave a bit in the following pages.

So what are the rest of us earthbound folk up to? Willem's still showing us planetary wonders, like the amazing platypus and the equally amazing blooms in his neighbourhood.

Awix finds cinematic wonders, benjaminpmoore reflects on the problems of our daily lives, and Amy interviews another wise Old Researcher. The Prof keeps us laughing. The planet's spinning, and so are our heads, sometimes. But we keep writing.

A word to all of you out there: summer's coming, slowly this year, but surely. As you take time for recreation and exploration, please remember two things:

1. Take your towels.

2. Don't forget to write your adventures up for the Post. Gmail address is below.

Take care, and have a great week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

OPEN TO WONDER
  • Platypus by Willem
  • Hooded Pelargonium by Willem.

EXCELSIOR


 

MATTERS OF TASTE


 
  • A fork in the Italian colours with pasta on it
  • A Greek philosopher contemplating the Sun

 
EYES ON THE PRIZE

WEIRD AND/OR WONDERFUL
  • A seaplane flying over a map of the UK with where Southampton Water is supposed to be, an inlet north of the Isle of Wight, highlighted

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87795265

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more