A Conversation for Building Confidence and Self-esteem

I cant make a speech in front of my class

Post 1

bemused_217

hi all!
im an undergraduate student. you know, there are many presentations that you have to give in front of your class at university level. but my problem is that when i come in front of a crowd, i feel confused (nervous) and it appears to me if i cant carry on...

what should i do??? because if u do a job after ur university, u'll always have to speak in front of a large no of people (eg in meetings, in interviews etc)...

please suggest somethin for me...waiting for ur kind reply..


I cant make a speech in front of my class

Post 2

Titania (gone for lunch)

Here's one interesting fact I learnt when being videotaped while giving a presentation - others can't actually *see* that you are nervous - very reassuring it was!smiley - smiley So, most probably, you'll be the only one to know.

Proper preparations are always a help, and an even greater help is if you choose a subject that really interests you and that you itch to tell others about.

Do you have family/friends you could practise your presentation on?


Key: Complain about this post

I cant make a speech in front of my class

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more