A Conversation for Larry Grayson - Look at the Muck on 'Ere! - Part Three

amazing!

Post 1

Primord

what an amazing entry all 3 parts have been-I don't think I will ever read a better story on h2g2-or anywhere else!

absolutely brilliant-and a warm reminder of those saturdays!

well done smiley - cheers


amazing!

Post 2

Primord

Oh-and I meant to say, so that's where I got my irrational fear of Morris Dancers! I know I hate
'em in Doctor Who-The Daemons, but I knew I'd seen them somewhere else! smiley - laugh


amazing!

Post 3

Dazza Oxford

Lol, well I'm sure that Larry was as frightened of them after that, still at least the pigs bladder had been drained smiley - winkeye


amazing!

Post 4

compo

Pity you've not had more response for such an axcellent piece of work.

I had the good fortune to meet Larry in 1975 when I was working behind the bar of the New Inn pub in Bulkington,4 miles from Nuneaton.Larry had come to the pub with his chauffuer and another two people,one of whom was an old schoolfriend of mine.Larry knew the then licensee of the pub,Bill Mumford,his wife,Elsie and son Andy.Needless to say,the party were invited to stay behind for an after hours drink with just one or two other regulars.I'd been working in the Public bar during the shift,Larry and party were in the lounge,And I'd popped my head round to let the bar staff in the lounge they'd got a drink in from a group that had been in the bar celebrating something.Larry had stopped talking while I said my piece and,when I'd finished speaking,he asked me if I'd like a drink with him.My response was that "I'll have half of bitter,thanks,Mr Grayson."
True to form his reply was "I thought you would" in a typical Grayson pose.Priceless and unforgettable.I will agree whole heartedly about him being a good raconteur.as he spent the best part of two hours at the pub telling stories of his life on stage and screen.Just glad I had the good fortune to meet him personally,albeit only the once.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Larry Grayson - Look at the Muck on 'Ere! - Part Three

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more