A Conversation for Wallace and Gromit - Animated Legends

Those adverts were great but a bit of a failure.

Post 1

Sultan_Pepper

First post on here and hope it's going in the right place. The entry in question is great with regard to W&G etc however.

Those excellent british gas adverts everyone remembers were not actually British Gas. They were adverts for "Heat Electric" which was a campaign aimed at competing with British Gas and as a result those fantastic adverts while being very well remembered for their content and characters were actually a massive failure.

Now I think there was a second spate of Creature Comforts adverts at some point. Could they have been for British Gas or has my mind wandered again?


Those adverts were great but a bit of a failure.

Post 2

Mu Beta

Thanks for posting - although I thought the original Creature Comforts ads were for British Gas, and Heat Electric just copied the idea. I could be wrong though...smiley - erm

B


Those adverts were great but a bit of a failure.

Post 3

BrownFurby

I remember the adverts as being Heat Electric too.

The Creature Comforts was an animation about zoo animals being interviewed in the zoo and the adverts were based on this idea but with the animals interviewed in warm houses.

There has been a more recent series of animations shown on British television but I don't think they are advertising anything.




Key: Complain about this post

Those adverts were great but a bit of a failure.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more