Project: Tibet, Occupation and Exile

2 Conversations

    Faculty of Science
  • Project Name: Tibet, Occupation and Exile

  • Field Researcher:

    John-the-gardener
  • Department: Human Geography
  • Faculty: Social Sciences
  • Start Date: 4 November, 2001
  • End Date: January 31, 2002
  • Assisting Sub-Editor: Jimi X

Project Description

As the last Tibetans to have lived freely in their homeland grow old, the world stands on the brink of losing their unique culture forever. The purpose of this project is to describe the threat to the traditional culture of Tibet posed by half a century of occupation by the People's Republic of China. This project is intended to call attention to the destruction of Tibet, the terrible cost of peaceful dissent, and the heroic efforts of Tibetans, at home and in the exile community, to preserve their identity as a distinct people.

It is also hoped that the example of perseverance and devotion to the principles of peace and compassion, characteristic of the Tibetan struggle for survival, will be of general benefit to readers, and inspire a greater appreciation for the people of Tibet.

Contents:

Contributing Researchers

Mark Moxon

Further Information Required

Contributions welcome


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A643862

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more