Doctor's Guide to MAGIC

0 Conversations

The Safe Use of Magic on h2g2

  • Magnetic
  • Algorithmic
  • Generation

    of
  • Ideal
  • Charge

What? Didn't you know that Magic was an acronym? What this means is that, with enough knowledge and mind power, anyone can create things like rain or make plants grow faster. The science behind Magic is simple, because the mind is in the universe it can change elements in the universe! This is the 'Algorithmic' part. The 'Ideal Charge' describes what you want to happen and the 'Magnetic' is one of the most useful tools, so it's just added onto the start to show it's importance. This is a skill, and learning how to do this and how to do it well, takes time. Many give up thinking of themselves as fools.

Tips

  • Always practice even if no result are noticeable.
  • Keep in mind what you want to do.
  • Make sure you set low targets when starting.
  • Have a fire engine ready just in case.

Energy Table

  • Heat
  • Kinetic
  • Sound
  • Gravity
  • Electronic
  • Light
  • QuatiInteric

Note: the Energy table shows how easy different types of energy are to change or generate. Magnetic isn't included because of it's importance and because, without mastering it, nothing is possible with Magic.

Limits

There are a few limits placed on magic, (something to do with Quatifeald generation bawd)
The amount of energy generated at any one time is related to how far away from the host it is required and the power of the hosts mind. Distance is a major hurdle. I use most techniques very close up and so don't get involved with this limitation very much. Be Warned!

Advanced Users.

  • The Fire Ball

    Use a redirection heat with some neat magnetic bottling. It takes time to complete the bottle, this is so you don't get burned when generating. Release by adding kinetics to the magnetic bottle. Release the magnetic bottle at the last moment or it will just hit them like a brick!

  • The Flame Thrower

    Push generated heat into a pressure valve magnetic tank, release from small hole in desired direction while generating to create a stream of fire.

  • Ice Ball

    Use like 'fire ball' but with negative Energy Generation. This time turn off the magnetic field for a few moments before impact or result can be messy!

  • Electric ball

    Create a negative static generation inside a balloon-shaped magnetic field. Hold until small reactions appear and release with kinetic energy. When the ball is close to a target, release half of the field (you don't want it jumping back!). This will create a small but powerful lighting bolt from the ball.

    Note: there may be more than one bolt depending on your style and technique.

  • Electric Bolt

    For this you will need to know how to fold space with magnetic quanta... because you have to direct the fold and electricity doesn't care that much what it hits. Fold space to about 3 inches, create a ball as above but don't release. Instead, once charged, divert the energy into the fold and watch it travel to the target in a blinding flash of light.

  • Improvisation Ione

    For those who are not as advanced, it has been know that matter imprints its molecular structure into subspace particles1 called Iones. This is very useful when you need to reconstruct something that in the past has been smashed to bits by a hammer or other destructive means. Once you know how long the object has been damaged, its just a matter a calling up a magnetic field to enclose the smashed remanance of what you want to fix, call up some QuatiInteric and push it though 6*490. 490, as you may know, is the reductive field of Iones. Pass it down a Rhetoric subQuianti Field to the strenth of (Time* (Pi * (r Cubed)))/4902 If you can't work this out in your head just guess, but make sure you do it somewhere safe, like your own moon or at least island. Because of the Iones your space will be transformed into what it was, how ever long ago it was you set all the fields.

Conclusion

Magic is a very useful and powerful tool and, unlike the commonly held belief, anyone can learn the skills. h2g2 supports this Science and I'm sure that, if you get stuck, you can always ask someone.

Disclaimer: This is only real on h2g2 and should not be attempted outside. h2g2 is not responsible for any planets destroyed or people hurt with this technology.


DoctorMO



26.07.01. Front Page

Back Issue Page

1Quark Value: Up, Down, Charmed.2Where time is how long ago in seconds and r is the radius of the field.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A599268

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more