IMWRS

0 Conversations


Ah, here begins another installment of what promises to be a myriad of blithering. Blink-blink-blinking goes that accursed cursor of mine. Oh how the author dreads it so. It represents the antithesis of production. We seek to put down words on the page and this darn cursor never seems to let words pass it. Always will the cursor represent the end of any work. And what is the end, but the beginning of nothing, thus the antithesis of production.

And what is it then that... then that... that then. What exactly is 'then?' Is it what was once my 'now', so now it is your 'then', now? If that be the case then, as I write this now, which is earlier than any time you might read it then, when you read what I have written now is a less 'then' than your 'then' is to you during your 'now', which is a 'will be' to your 'now' which is a 'then' to my 'once was'.

So then, given this logic as sound then, to have your 'then' as a 'now' and my 'now' as a 'once was', never can we assume that anything that 'once was' 'will be' 'now'. Now then, what was said was that the 'now then' 'will be' 'now' 'once and for all' earlier or later than the 'then' 'now'. Depending on your point of view 'now' and 'then'.

So now and then, my point of view has it, that a way of life 'then' or even 'now' will eventually be a 'once was' and passe to all involved both then and now and probably ever will be. Given that, 'then' and 'now' being earlier than 'once was' and 'will be' ever, but later than 'now and again' and 'there once was a guy', any thing that happens in the now will be 'then' and then to the 'now' and 'will be', but a 'will be' to the 'then' and 'once was'. Again point of view dependent on what was then a 'now' and what even earlier than the now was the 'will be'. Unfortunately, like all good Zen laxatives, that to must pass then, and the result is a 'then' and a 'once was' to the earlier 'now' and 'will be'.

Once and for all.

To all my fellow researchers enjoy and post any thoughts you might have. Until then Godspeed and good luck and I look forward to hearing about your exploits and research.


Aaron O'Keefe


19.07.01. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A596955

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more