A Conversation for 'The Complete Robot' by Isaac Asimov

Inspiration

Post 1

Henbud

Thanks for a wonderful article. It has inspired me to read Asimov's books. The only science fiction books I've really read are the hitchikers guide series. I found it an immense relief to have books written by someone who is clearly intelligent and actually understands some of the deep, often intriguing, philosophies underlying robotics and aritifial intelligence generally. I'm so sick of films that have meaningless plots as regards the robotics. I know the films are rarely accurate representations of the books, but it still put me off sci-fi generally. Well, this article has inspired me to head off down to the library tomorrow morning and get I, robot out.
Thanks.


Inspiration

Post 2

Casanova the Short

No probs. Glad to be of help. I think that the High Priest DNA tends to know what he's talking about, it's just that his work (Dr. Who scripts, the H²G² trilogy and Dirk Gently) tend not to let on. There are some clever bits though, such as the sofa tht becomes completely stuck on the staircase and the owner has a series of Mac computers networked together to determine how it got there and how to get it out. There's always plenty of reference to quantum mechanics and stuff in the H²G² books.

ANyway, it's good to see I've spread some literary happiness in the world smiley - smiley.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more