Royal Navy

2 Conversations

The Royal Navy is Britain's front line of defence, as she is an island nation. For many years, Britain maintained what was the world's strongest navy to look after her vast colonies and to protect her shipping. These days, the navy has been greatly scaled down, and is formed in such a way that she needs to act jointly with the Air Force and Army in any major actions. More recent deployments include those of the Gulf War and Kosovo.
Also, her Minesweepers are still of use. There are still many areas of sea today which remain a danger to shipping, sometimes even mines from WW1 are founc.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A308071

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more