A Conversation for Socialism

Socialist funnies

Post 1

Cybercommie

Who wants Socialism then? Who wants to lie in bed on a Sunday morning with a bacon butty, a nice cup of tea and the love of your life and all you have to read is the Daily Worker?
Socialism would be here now if it wasn't for all these Socialists getting in the way. (George Bernard Shaw)
But seriously, Socialism has one big fatal flaw, in that it postulates that if people are shown what Socialism could be and what it could do for them, that they would choose it as it would be the best thing for them.
This is not the way human beings are, a lot of us will choose systems and organisations that are no good for anyone at all. Ask any economist, no-one can predict human behaviour, no-one can predict the future.
RFK once said that it doesn't matter what you do, a fifth of everybody will be against it, That is the way we are, and no political wish fulfillment can alter that, sorry to say.


Key: Complain about this post

Socialist funnies

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more