A Conversation for Worsley Braided Interchange

Good Omens

Post 1

AgProv2

In Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman's "Good Omens", the demon Crowley ensures that the M25 motorway is designed and built in the shape of the dread occult sigil Omedra, thus ensuring that the whole of London is surrounded by the negative equivalent of a Buddhist prayer wheel, on which frustrated motorists consign a little more of themselves to Hell every time they use it. And the effect of all that low-level evil washing over nine million Londoners every day.... perfect when there are nearly sixty million people living in Britain and only one resdient demon to do the Devil's work for all of them... Now what would Crowley have done in the North of England? The road name, the A666, is a dead giveaway...

I know this interchange. Large, impersonal and the driver's equivalent of a twenty-page questionnaire from the DHSS.... well written!


Good Omens

Post 2

Mat

I know the A666 fairly well. It goes into Bolton from Salford and it's actually called St Peter's Way - maybe to take the curse off it?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more