A Conversation for XXXenophile

Good Sex Funnies

Post 1

MartialStax

There are several reasons to seek out XXXenophile. First is that it is almost alone in the field of adult comics in it's depiction of people who actually want to be with each other. They are having sex not because of a power struggle, wrestling with inner demons, or uncontrollable psychological needs. These people are happy to be with each other and happy to please each other.
Another good reason to read these books is the art. Phil Foglio, a master at good girl and comic art, pencils in the art and guest artists do the inking. Such luminaries as Geoff Darrow (co-creator of "Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot"), Kevin Eastman (of "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" fame), Matt Howarth (creator of "Those Annoying Post Bros" and "Savage Henry"), Hilary Barta, Adam Hughes, Lea Hernandez and a host of others have all contributed.
Finally, the books are littered with gags and puns. Throwaway jokes are everywhere. You will find yourself busting out laughing at something in every story. It is highly recommended.


Good Sex Funnies

Post 2

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

I agree. Foglio's XXXenophile is so good that I even recommend it for women who aren't normally fans of the comic book genre. The art is anotomically exaggerated, but equally so for both men and women. Equality abounds, and respect is implicit. Most of all, it's nice to see erotic art paired with a good sense of humour.


Good Sex Funnies

Post 3

Fish

I agree wholeheartedly, and would also note that there is now a full-length story available, in the same format as the previous five "XXXenophile Collections." In addition, there was a shortlived XXXenophile collectible card game, which can still be found if you're willing to look hard enough...


Good Sex Funnies

Post 4

Peej

There are currently 6 collections available, the 6th breaking with the various individual stories and sticking to one story through out the book.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more