Altarren DS9 Drop-Ship

0 Conversations

Altarren DS9 Drop-Ship

The Altarrens, while having no intention of launching a planetary invasion, realized the need to have a quick and efficient means by which to transport mass amounts of troops, equipment and vehicles to a planet's surface. The ship that the Altarrens decided to use in this role was the DS9 drop-ship.

The DS9 was a small landing craft that could be configured with up to four capsule containers for personnel (each carrying a platoon), vehicles, or cargo to planetary surfaces.

These capsules could be left in the landing zone for rapid extraction by either the DS9 or an RB34 light transport at a later time. Be deciding upon using these capsules, the Altarrens had created for themselves a very versatile craft.

The multi-purpose personnel and cargo capsules are utilized for drops and retrievals. The personnel capsule is equipped with embark/debark hatches and ramps located at both ends of the capsule and in the center for rapid loading and unloading. Dual locking racks on both pods permit quick and easy attachment and separation from the vessel.

Powered with high energy reaction propulsion systems, these craft were designed for high-speed delivery of combat personnel and equipment into battle zones.


Craft: Altarren Fleet Systems' DS9 Drop-Ship
Type: Modular drop-ship
Scale: Starfighter
Length: 39 meters
Skill: Space transports: DS9 drop-ship
Crew: 2; gunners: 4; skeleton: 1/+15
Crew Skill: Space transports 4D, starship gunnery 4D
Passengers: 20 per personnel capsule
Cargo Capacity: 25 metric tons per cargo capsule
Shield:
Consumables: 1 day
Cost: Not available for sale
Maneuverability: 1D+2
Space: 10 (during drop), 2 (on return flight)
Atmosphere: 415; 1,200 kmh (during drop), 225; 650 kmh (on return flight)
Hull: 3D+2
Sensors:

Weapons:
2 Light Laser Pulse Cannons
Crew: 1
Space Range: 1-3/15/35
Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.5/3.5 km

2 Repeating Pulse Cannons
Crew: 1
Space Range: 1-2/5/12
Atmosphere Range: 100-200/500/1.2 km




Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2299700

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more