Paranoia (UG)

0 Conversations

Official UnderGuide Entry

Friday morning

I thought he might come by last night because I know Thursdays are his day off. He couldn't have got here before night though, because it's three/four hundred miles he'd have to drive. Last time he tried it I was in Mason City, Iowa - but he has ways of knowing where I am.

I sat up all night in the driver's seat so I could take off fast. It got cold around three, so I started the engine. The lights come on when you start the engine, I can't help that. The people in the site opposite came and banged on my window, but I just looked straight ahead and ignored them. They're friends of Alan's and I know they were there to help him get the tubing in through the floor of the car like they did last time. I rolled the car back and forth a few times in case Alan was under there.

Saturday morning

John's all out of food. The stuff in the little packages costs a lot more than if you buy it in the big sacks, but after I found out Alan had poisoned that last big sack I bought, I had to buy the little pouches to stop him. I should have another cheque in the bank, so I have to get to an ATM so I can get some more food for John. Once I do that I'm out of here. Alan hacks into the ATM and traces me that way I know, so I have to drive three/four hundred miles, and that uses up my special supplement in a hurry.

Saturday afternoon

I went to borrow coffee from the folks in the RV next to me. The woman gave me some coffee in a Ziploc, so I asked her if she had anything I could make the coffee in. She gave me a tin-can she'd rinsed out. I asked her if she had anything I could heat up the water with and she said, "No I don't. Try pine cones", and shut the door on me. The people across from me gave me a book of matches and I tried to light some pine cones, but they wouldn't, so I just put cold water on the coffee and stirred it with a twig. After it set awhile it tasted a bit like coffee.

Sunday morning

The people that gave me the coffee have gone. Their tag said they were staying three more days but they left this afternoon. There's a woman in a tent there now. She says Alan could use a syringe to poison the dog food pouches. I must remember to look at each one closely. I asked the tent woman if I could share her space so we both paid half, but she said there was only room for one car. I could see that wasn't true. She gave me a cup of coffee. I ate the last of my Honey Grahams so I have to find an ATM in the morning.

Monday morning

Once it got cold last night I just started driving. I drove until it was light, but I didn't see a Walmart or anywhere I could get John some food and an ATM. I saw Alan going the other way so I pulled in a driveway and waited to see if he came back after me. A man came out with a gun so I told him I had to wait there. I rolled up the window but he tried to smash it with the butt of his rifle. I backed up and ran over his feet, then I went forward and ran over them again, then I got out of there. I think he got in my trunk though. There's a banging noise back there and John is barking up a storm.

Monday evening

Well I found an ATM and I got gas and I bought canned dog food for John. A guy at the store said he thought it was safer than the pouches. John likes it but it gives him diarrhoea. Whatever was in the trunk has stopped banging. I thought it might have been Alan trying to pipe poison gas into the car, but when I opened the trunk there was noone there. He could have got out when I was in the store. He's mechanically inclined.

Tuesday - two a.m

I stopped at a truck stop tonight. I parked back in a corner so I could watch for Alan. John had to poop around midnight so I took him out to a vacant lot behind the truck stop. Someone there waved his dick at me and said he'd pay me fifty dollars so I said what the hell. He said I was too dirty, but he gave me twenty dollars. Then I couldn't find John, and I was walking round the lot calling and banging on truck doors to ask if they'd seen him. Then I saw he was standing by the car and when I got up to him I could see he was glad and I started to cry. If Alan killed him then I'd die, and Alan knows this.

Tuesday afternoon

I drove two hundred more miles last night before I stopped, then I pulled into a campground and I fell right asleep. I guess the host came around early to make sure I didn't drive away without paying and he saw Alan on his hands and knees looking under my car with the propane tank and a hose. He knew that wasn't right, so he snuck back to his RV and called the cops and they were close by. I woke up when John started barking, and the cops were just getting there and I thought they were after me so I started up the car and drove right at them. When I saw Alan I stopped, and he was staring right at me in my rear view mirror, but the police caught him and took him back where he belonged.

I ought to feel safe I suppose, but there's a PT Cruiser I keep seeing. Stops when I stop, turns when I turn. I'm making a run for Canada right now. They say it's safer there.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A20280214

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Edited by

h2g2 Editors

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more