Klingon Combat Tactics

1 Conversation

Introduction

Report date: 1 Jan. 2294

The Klingon's are a formidable race in the alpha quadrant. Born warriors and bound by a warrior's code (duty, honour, courage), they live to fight and aspire to achieve a warrior's death in battle.

Psychology

There is nothing worse for a Klingon than defeat in battle. Growing old with the grandkids is not a desirable retirement. Klingons will not run from battle.

However, Klingons are not reckless. They will not attack a vastly superior enemy unless there is no choice. They will not continue in a hopeless battle is there is a chance to escape and re-group. Klingon captains will take their ships into doomed attacks if it allows larger cruisers and warships to escape.

Understanding Klingon psychology is important in order to sucessfully defeat them.

Tactics

A Klingon is trained to use everything around them to their advantage. Those lucky enough to graduate from General Chang's Academy posess impressive insight into Federation tactics, weaponry and psychology. It is a foolish man who charges into battle against Klingons.

The most dangerous Klingon in battle is the wounded one. A ship incapable of flight (ie warp engines crippled or severely impared impulse engines) has nothing to lose.

Most Klingon ships have an edge in battle due to their cloaking device (Note: Klingons aquired cloaking technology during a brief alliance with the Romulan Star Empire), which renders them invisible to a starship's sensors. Later model cloaking devices are near perfect. Only a neutrino beam is capable of detecting cloaked ships. At very close range, older cloaks create a "shimmering" distortion of the stars behind them.

Tactical Maneuvers

Standard Maneuvers

  • One favourite with Klingon captains facing a single enemy is to decloak directly behind an enemy vessel. Most Starfleet ships have limited or no rear facing weapons. The USS Grissom is probably the most notable starship to be destroyed by a Klingon captain using this method. The tactic was the one of the reasons that the design critera of the Excelsior class destroyer called for a rear facing photon torpedo array.
  • When attacking unsuspecting targets, a cloaked vessel may target warp engines first. Some Starfleet vessels suffer a design flaw, where key systems, such as weapons and shields, are routed through the warp engines to give them a boost in power. As a result, a single shot to the warp nacelles can take out engines, shields and weapons. It is not known how the Klingons discovered this flaw.
  • When attacking larger targets, working in pairs, Bird of Prey vessels tend to strafe a single opponent. This drains shields on two sides, forcing the enemy vessel to divert more power from weapons to shields.
  • When outnumbered, a single Klingon ship will instigate a guerrilla maneuvers, commonly known as "hit and fade." It involves very precise timing of the cloak, shields and weapons. The cloaked ship will "charge" the enemy from an oblique angle (such as from the side and above or rear and below). Waiting until the last moment, the ship will decloak, raise shields and fire on the enemy, then recloak and withdraw. This method will be repeated until the odds have been reduced (for example when the enemy ship has lost shields).

    This technique works because the enemy ship may not be able to lock weapons onto the Klingon until after it has re-cloaked.
  • The tractor beam can be used to hold a ship in place, keeping it in transporter range to beam over troups, or to prevent it from bringing it's weapons to bear while it is barraged with weapons fire.
  • Unorthodox Maneuvers

  • The USS Excelsior was ambushed by a Klingon cruiser in a nebula in 2293 while enroute to the Khitomer peace conference. Nebulas are a prime ambush ground for Klingons, shields and sensors are severly impaired, while the cloaking device still functions. Some nebulae even block transmissions, preventing distress signals from being sent.
  • Klingons do not need to score a direct hit to inflict damage, many of the hunks of rock that make up asteroid belts and planetary rings are composed of unstable compounds. A disruptor blast to them can cause an explosion that will inflict damage to any nearby ships.
  • One of the more unusual maneuvers employed by a Klingon captain was the destruction of a ship without a shot hitting the target. It was accomplished in orbit of a gas giant. The Klingon had cloaked and was approaching the enemy ship from the other side of the planet. As the Starfleet ship's orbit brought it over the horizon, he decloaked and fired all weapons simultaneously. The Starfleet ship took evasive action and tried to raise it's shields. All shots missed, but the evasive action turned the nose towards the planet and the gravitational forces tore the ship to pieces.
  • Klingon Ships

    Sword Of Kahless (SOK)

    qey IIS betleH

    The largest vessel in the Klingon Fleet. As of 1 Jan 2293 only two only two of these vessels are in active service, one of those being the flagship of the fleet, commanded by the Chief of Staff. The other has been completed, but has not finished her shakedown and evaluation cruise. The SOK is a bulky ship and carried no less than six warp nacelles to balance her warp field. Starfleet Intelligence has confirmed that the SOK carries an assault phaser, a weapon capable of inflicting severe damage to ships at a great distance, thereby remaining outside their weapon arcs. The assault phaser can even damage the shields of starbases.

    SPECS:

    Length: 686 meters

    Mass: 2,470,000 metric tonnes

    Crew: 700

    Marines: 70

    Maximum Impulse: 1,050 kellicams per second

    Hull Rating: 6.6

    Shield Rating: 126.0

    Maneuverability Rating: .30/.10

    WEAPONS:

    Forward: 6 disruptors, 4 heavy photons, 1 assault phaser

    Aft: 5 disruptors, 2 heavy photons

    Port/Starboard: 4 disruptors each

    Tactical Summary: These vessels, like the slightly smaller Accuser class Dreadnoughts, have incredibly slow turning rates but carry a huge weapons array. As such, any enemy vessel encountering an SOK would be wise to not attempt any attack runs from the bow. The ship is quite sluggish and a wise commander will veer to the dorsal or ventral aspects of the vessel to limit damage from the SOK's powerful weapons. The assault phaser is a devastating but slow weapon. It takes at least thirty seconds to recharge after each firing. In addition, the vessel can sustain feedback damage from the use of this weapon. Sustained use of the assault phaser can drain main power, making impulse turns even slower and may impact on the ability to form a stable warp field.

    Accuser Class

    pumwI'

    The enormous Accuser class dreadnought (pumwI') is (as of 1 Jan 2293) the second most powerful vessel in the Klingon fleet. It is equiped with five warp nacelles and has large power reserves. The shields are extremely powerful and can take a severe battering. These vessels serve as the command flagships of the various Klingon naval fleets. Only the most experienced and honourable commanders earn the right to command one of these monstrosities, making them all the more dangerous. These ships will are always surrounded by a fleet of D7s and Bird Of Preys, and never alone. As of 1 January 2293, six of these vessels are in service, and two more are in trials.

    SPECS:

    Length: 610 meters

    Mass: 1,250,000 metric tonnes

    Crew: 600

    Marines: 60

    Maximum Impulse: 1,140 kellicams per second

    Hull Rating: 4.6

    Shield Rating: 83.0

    Maneuverability Rating: .31/.14

    WEAPONS:

    Forward: 5 disruptors, 2 heavy photons, 1 AMFP

    Aft: 4 disruptors, 1 heavy photon

    Port/Starboard: 2 disruptors each

    Tactical Summary: These ships are powerful but also slow at impulse speed. Although none has ever been lost in battle, tactical specialists believe she is vulnerable from ships able to stay away from her forward weapon systems. This task would be best suited to a small task force of small, agile ships capable of holding their own in a firefight, such as the well proven Miranda class. Even then, the Starfleet ships will need to overcome her cloaking device. The Accuser the largest Klingon ship ever to be fitted with a cloaking device. The Accuser, in conjunction with the Emperor class, replaces the unsuccessful Ber’taa class of "Advanced Heavy Cruiser," a variant that suffered from a disatrous lack of main power and a vulnerable starboard warp nacelle. In particular, warp containment would fail and the entire ship would typically explode if the starboard nacelle was damaged. These problems presumably have been rectified by Klingon engineers with these newer warship classes.

    Emperor Class

    VoDleh

    The Emperor class weapons loadout is slightly less than the discontinued Ber'taa's armament, due to severe power flow problems enountered with the Ber'taa. It does carry one of the new heavy photon tube which can inflict greater damage to a target vessel but requires slightly more time to reload. The Emperor has four nacelles, in a two up, two down configuration at the rear of the ship. Warp field engineers at Starfleet Research beleive that this would give it greater warp engine efficiency using similar principles to the Constellation class1.

    SPECS:

    Length: 412 meters

    Mass: 670,000 metric tonnes

    Crew: 450

    Marines: 55

    Maximum Impulse: 1,230 kellicams per second

    Hull Rating: 3.7

    Shield Rating: 57.5

    Maneuverability Rating: .33/.19

    WEAPONS:

    Forward: 4 disruptors, 1 heavy photon, 2 particle cannons

    Aft: 3 disruptors, 2 particle cannons

    Port/Starboard: 3 disruptors each

    Tactical Discussion: The Emperor has strong shields and powerful weapons, but these are at the sacrafice of hull strength. With all the weapons and shilds, there seems to be insufficient power to run the structural integrity forcefield. In addition, speed and shield strength have been compromised in the design. Their wepaons are more powerful than the equivalent Federation ship, the Excelsior, but the Excelsior can stay longer in a fray due to her stonger shields. They tend to be flagships for sectors of Klingon territory where a dreadnought is not available, which is often, due to the Klingon gvernment's massive overspend on their military. Due to its similarity to the reliable D7 ship, the Emperor can be built much faster than other ships her size, in around two years. However the Emperor and D7share only a handful of components, so this makes converting the D7 fleet impossible. There are about two dozen hulls in service, and another six are under construction at any given time.

    Warrior's Anger

    SuvwI' Qeh

    This class is a heavily upgraded K'Tinga class with additional weapons and armour. This vessel uses three warp nacelles, with the third below her aft section in the center of the ship. This design saved the Klingons a great deal of money and time by adapting the D7 platform for both the Emperor and Warrior's Anger warship classes, as the build time is considerably shorted by the cost and material savings. By comparison, the Accuser dreadnoughts take over twice as long to build as the Emperor.

    SPECS:

    Length: 336 meters

    Mass: 300,000 metric tonnes

    Crew: 350

    Marines: 45

    Maximum Impulse: 1,320 kellicams per second

    Hull Rating: 2.6

    Shield Rating: 47.8

    Maneuverability Rating: .37/.24

    WEAPONS:

    Forward: 2 disruptors, 2 photons, 1 resonator cannon

    Aft: 2 disruptors, 1 photon

    Port/Starboard: 2 disruptors each

    Tactical Discussion: These ships, being slightly easier to construct than the Emperor are still rare. About thirty are in service, although many of the hulls under construction have been diverted to Emperor, a sign of how closely related the two designs are. They feature strong weapons, at the expense of shields and all-around versatility of comparable Federation ships. They also have a fairly low maximum warp speed for their class size. This is due to the third nacelle, which acts to stabalise the warp field, but does not contribute energy to maintaining it.

    D7 - A Class


    qItI' tinga'

    The Klingon D7 and the refit version, the K'tinga, presently serve as the main crux of the Klingon fleet, with over one hundred ships in service, some dating from the 2260s. The D7-A was an improved version of the older D7 with a cloaking device. As of 1 January 2293, all Klingon D7s in service have been refitted with this significant tactical upgrade and many have been refitted to K'tinga. This refit is similar in overall effect to the ship to the constitution refit, better shields, weapons and overall systems. This ship is built for ambush. Using the cloaking device, they will often lie in wait silently, then decloak and begin their attack runs. These vessels were briefly shared with the Romulan Empire in the 2260's (which is when the Klingons acquired their low grade cloaking technology), but only a few of those Romulan D7-Rs have been in the Romulan Fleet service, the Romulans preferring their own ship designs such as the Imperial Hawk and Warbird classes presently found in the Romulan fleet.

    SPECS:

    Length: 244 meters

    Mass: 210,000 metric tonnes

    Crew: 300

    Marines: 40

    Maximum Impulse: 1,410 kellicams per second

    Hull Rating: 2.1

    Shield Rating: 32.3

    Maneuverability Rating: .39/.28

    WEAPONS:

    Forward: 2 disruptors, 1 photon, 2 heavy disruptors

    Aft: 2 disruptors, 1 photon

    Port/Starboard: 2 disruptors each

    Tactical Summary: These vessels can be dangerous when encountered alone. To add to this danger, Klingon vessels often travel in pairs or triples (as illustrated in the Kobayashi Maru training simulation at Starfleet Academy), so beware if you run across just one. There may be another, just waiting to uncloak on your six and unleash a volley of torpedoes. Effective battle tactics against this class have included ramming, as equivalent Federation medium cruisers usually are constructed better than the D7. This is a risky tactic, though. While agile, they are not swift vessels, and their shields fail quickly under heavy photon attacks. Hull integrity is about average. Beware of the aft torpedo launcher when following one closely during battle.

    Relentless Class

    qa' HoS

    The Relentless class is a light cruiser. Its acceleration speed is excellent, the best of any Klingon cruiser. The hull's principal design dates back to the 2250s and is based on the old D6. Unlike the Emperor and Warrior's Anger however, this ship is not an upgrade, rather a new design inspired by the D6. It is more powerful than the Miranda class light cruisers from the Federation but less than the Constitution.

    SPECS:

    Length: 198 meters

    Mass: 157,000 metric tonnes

    Crew: 250

    Marines: 30

    Maximum Impulse: 1,500 kellicams per second

    Hull Rating: 2.2

    Shield Rating: 39.3

    Maneuverability Rating: .42/.32

    WEAPONS:

    Forward: 4 disruptors, 1 photon

    Aft: 2 disruptors

    Port/Starboard: 2 disruptors each

    Tactical Discussion: The light cruiser is an excellent tradeoff of capabilities. Capable of long-range operations from it starbase without support but with enough power to battle it out with larger ships in a firefight. Although the warship's power to weight ratio is not the equivalent of the Insurrection, they often work together for quick, precision strikes at an enemy target.

    Insurrection Class

    QuD

    The Insurrection class (QuD) is a destroyer and is essentially a larger version of the venerable Bird of Prey introduced over twenty years ago. Orbital factories around Kronos are said to be producing these hulls at the rate of one per month. This phenomenal speed is giving Starfleet HQ cause for concern, given the inherent shipbuilding limitations the Klingon Empire has suffered from in the last several decades. The Insurrection gains in speed and offensive power by sacraficing its armour and shield strength, just like the Bird of Prey, but it is not a vessel to be regarded lightly.

    SPECS:

    Length: 153 meters

    Mass: 60,000 metric tonnes

    Crew: 50

    Marines: 25

    Maximum Impulse: 1,590 kellicams per second

    Hull Rating: 2.0

    Shield Rating: 36.5

    Maneuverability Rating: .48/.44

    WEAPONS:

    Forward: 4 disruptors, 1 photon, 1 particle cannon

    Tactical Discussion: The Insurrection class are noted for their extensive forward weapons loadout, more powerful than that of the light cruiser. This vessel is designed for pure combat and covert attacks behind enemy lines. This combined with a very high maximum impulse speed and excellent agility, makes her deadly. Often used as escort vessels for slower Klingon dreadnoughts and battleships, and can take down a cruiser with comparative ease while their charge can escape or take on other ships.

    Suspicious Class

    PIh

    Variants:

  • science/sensor class

  • battle frigate

  • transport/freighter vessel
  • The Klingon Frigate is the disposable workhorse of the Klingon fleet. Called the Suspicious class, Klingon crews often deride the vessel's capabilities as being "suspiciously unsuccessful." The vessel dates from the 2270s, and presently about three hundred are still in service, but no more are being produced. These vessels are dauntingly slow and unmaneouverable for their small size and have very limited weaponry, but they make up in versatility. They can be configured as a troop transport, a sensor/picket ship for fleet combat, and an armed freighter ship.

    SPECS FOR SCIENCE FRIGATE:

    Length: 153 meters

    Mass: 117,000 metric tonnes

    Crew: 30

    Marines: 5

    Maximum Impulse: 1,680 kellicams per second

    Hull Rating: 1.7

    Shield Rating: 31.7

    Maneuverability Rating: .51/.51

    Forward: 4 disruptors

    SPECS FOR CARGO FRIGATE:

    Length: 153 meters

    Mass: 117,000 metric tonnes

    Crew: 30

    Marines: 75

    Maximum Impulse: 1,680 kellicams per second

    Hull Rating: 1.7

    Shield Rating: 31.7

    Maneuverability Rating: .51/.51

    Forward: 4 disruptors

    SPECS FOR BATTLE FRIGATE:

    Length: 153 meters

    Mass: 107,000 metric tonnes

    Crew: 30

    Marines: 15

    Maximum Impulse: 1,680 kellicams per second

    Hull Rating: 1.7

    Shield Rating: 31.7

    Maneuverability Rating: .51/.51

    Forward: 2 disruptors, 2 heavy disruptors

    Aft: 2 disruptors

    Tactical Discussion: The lack of photon torpedoes renders this vessel less of a threat than the much smaller Bird Of Prey, which actually replaced this hull for combat purposes in the 2270s. However, the frigate does carry a heavy disroptor that is comperable to a low yield photon torpedo. This ship can be considered equivalent to the Oberth class science frigate. Their main advantage is their cloak, although this is not available on the science frigate configuration.

    Bird Of Prey

    B' rel

    The Klingon Escort class vessel is commonly referred to as the Bird of Prey, often shortened to "BOP". These are the most common ships in the Klingon fleet. These ships are very fast and cheap to build, well known and feared throughout the galaxy. Equipped with a cloaking device, they often sneak up on their unsuspecting targets and unleash a furious, often unprovoked attack. BOP's have defeated much larger vessels, and often without a shot being returned to them due to their un-nerving natural ability with sneak attacks. These ships are cheap and easy to manufacture, making them readily available for the Klingon fleet.

    SPECS:

    Length: 92 meters

    Mass: 22,000 metric tonnes

    Crew: 12

    Marines: 5

    Maximum Impulse: 1,770 kellicams per second

    Hull Rating: 1.1

    Shield Rating: 17.0

    Maneuverability Rating: .54/.59

    WEAPONS:

    Forward: 2 light disruptors, 1 photon

    Tactical Summary: The BOP is very hard to hit when moving at impulse due to superior maneouverability. As a result, an effective battle tactic has been to capture them with a tractor beam and pound them with torpedos until their hull collapses. The underpowered engine also creates a slight delay getting up to impulse speed from a dead stop.
    The wings act as the warp nacelles and are easy to hit. Critical power shortage often occurs after the nacelles are hit and due to a lack of plasma cut off systems, even if it is able to cloak, it bacomes easy to track from the stream of plasms leaking from the nacelle joint. BOPs can hunt alone or in groups of up to five for strength and protection. Klingons view service on a BOP as the the greatest honor and battle glory and many famous Klingon leaders served many years abord a BOP. There has been a rumour that a prototype bird of prey which can fire while cloaked has been successfully tested by the Klingon Empire. If this is true, this would be a stunning achievement by Klingon science
    2.

    Klingon Attack Shuttle

    D' ktagh

    Klingon attack shuttles cannot participate in deep space operations by themselves. They are launched from carriers and Klingon bases. Fast and agile, their weapons are weak and pose no threat to all but the weakest vessels, however, it is rumoured that the Klingon shuttle will soon be upgraded with a heavier class (a photon tube) weapon in the near future.

    SPECS:

    Length: 31 meters

    Mass: 100 metric tonnes

    Crew: 2

    Marines: none

    Maximum Impulse: 600 kellicams per second

    Hull Rating: .13

    Shield Rating: 1.0

    Maneuverability Rating: .71/1.16

    WEAPONS:

    Forward: 2 disruptors

    Tactical Summary: Tractor beam and a phaser or single torpedo will destroy the shuttle, however due to their small size, there are reports from field commanders that their targetting system has been unable to provide a reliable lock on the shuttle, thus making them hard to hit even when caught in a tractor beam.

    Klingon Weapons

    Disruptors

    Principle: Very simple; a short burst of highly disruptive energy is directed at the target.
    Usage: The main use of such a weapon is to wear the enemy down so that the harder-hitting systems can be used to greater effect.
    Advantages: Very precise, allowing for careful precision attacks.
    Disadvantages: Does extremely light damage. Near useless on it's own against shields.

    Notes: The disruptor is the most common weapons system in the known galaxy, appearing on both Klingon and Romulan warships.


    Disruptors come in two types, pulse and beam. Pulse is far more common, as it operates on simpler principles3.

    Heavy Disruptors

    Principle: A heavier version of the standard disruptor.
    Usage: On the Suspicious class frigate it completely supplants photons.
    Advantages: Much more powerful than its weaker cousin, the heavy disruptor does a little over half the damage caused by a standard photon torpedo and takes less time to reload.
    Disadvantages: Drains power from critical systems on a damaged ship.



    Assault Phasers

    Principle: A heavy variant of the phaser weapons used by the Federation.
    Usage: Unlike phasers, this weapon is fully discharged in one burst. Highly effective to wear down shields or rip through a hull.
    Advantages: Extremely powerful weapon.
    Disadvantages: Weapon is liked directly to impulse engine reacors. Each firing carries a chance of mis-fire. No damage arises, but impulse engines will stall and ship will go into a spin.

    Main power diminishes with each firing. Continual use will leave a ship with only manouvering power (no shilds or weapons).

    Highly inacurate at large distances.

    Weapon recharge time is very long.

    Impulse Velocity Projectiles (IVP)

    Principle: Large warheads powered by an impulse engine.
    Usage: Four types:
  • Dumb fire warheads (fitted to interceptors).
  • ,
  • Rudimentary guidance system (fitted to bombers).
  • Heavy long-ranged guided missile (fitted to mother ships).

  • Multi-warhead variant (fitted to mother ships).

  • Advantages: Highly destructive. Can be used to strip shields or damage hull.
    Disadvantages: Earlier models do not track target.

    Later, tracking models may swing past a small maneoverable target.

    Photon Torpedoes

    Principle: A dumb fire missile with a very advanced antimatter warhead. Later models had a guidance system, and even mission specifi targetting systems (such as ionised-gas impulse engine exhaust to target cloaked ships).
    Usage: Wear down shields, or inflict considerable damage on hull.
    Advantages: Simple, easy, point and shoot. Lucky shot to shielded vessel can cause severe damage.
    Disadvantages: Limited range (initially 10,000k) that is well within weapons range of most enemy vessels.


    Heavy Photons

    Principle: A Klingon offshoot of the standard photon.
    Usage: Essentially a barrage weapon, designed to cause maximum damage with a single shot.
    Advantages: It does nearly double the damage of a standard photon at no cost in loading time.
    Disadvantages: Much slower than standard torpedo.


    Heavy Weaponry

    Author's note: Due to the extreme secrecy surrounding the capabilities of these weapons, much estimation and guesswork was required. Do not assume this information to be correct; rather, it is the author's "best guess" based on Starfleet Intelligence to date.

    Cohesive Fused Deuterium Irradiation Cannon (CFDIC)

    Principle: Similar to primitive neutron bombs of 20th Century Earth. This weapons bathes a ship in radiation. Leaves ship intact for boarding but kills the crew.
    Usage: After stipping shields, or at least one shield face, firing weapon kills off the crew.
    Advantages: Can be effectively used just before boarding to reduce resistance.
    Disadvantages: Needs several shots to kill all the crew.

    Notes: This weapon is believed to be a proprietary Romulan invention.

    Antimatter Field Projector (AFP)

    Principle: Weapon projects a stream of pure antimatter at a target.
    Usage: On shields, weapon will strip cohesion. On hull, contact creates a devastating explosive effect.
    Advantages: Highly effective to reduce shielding on a large vessel, or station.
    Disadvantages: Very slow recharge rate.

    Frequency-modulated Meson Particle Accelerator

    Principle: essentially a pasticle accelerator that can penetrate shields and begin damaging the hull instantly.
    Usage: Limited prototype weapon and powerful, so it requires a lot of power to run.
    Advantages: A Klingon captain does not have to strip the shields away before he can damage the hull. This weapon removes all need to take out the shields. Does damage 50% greater than that of a photon torpedo explosion.
    Disadvantages: Very long recharge time, but still faster than most engineers can path the hull.

    1Historian's note: This vessel may have been a direct predecessor to the Vor'cha-class attack cruisers of seventy-plus years in the future2Historians note: the Klingon Empire did indeed sucessfully develop one prototype BOP that could fire while cloaked. It was destroyed in orbit of Khitomer by the USS Enterprise, NCC 1701-A. The Klingon empire aborted further research into this technology. Some in the high council called this research "dishonourable". However, that has never been a problem for Romulans, and they did perfect a ship that could fire while cloaked, called Scimitar. What is most impressive is that the Scimitar had far more weapons than the prototype BOP. It was a warship. State of the art 24th century sensors onboard the USS Enterprise NCC 1701-E could not penetrate the cloak. The Enterprise was nearly crippled during the fire fight which ensued. The Scimitar did not survive. (The name Scimitar comes from a curved Asian sword with the edge on the convex side.)3Historian's note: Vorcha class cruisers have both.

    Bookmark on your Personal Space


    Conversations About This Entry

    Title
    Latest Post

    Entry

    A1016542

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Read a random Edited Entry


    Written and Edited by

    Disclaimer

    h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

    Write an Entry

    "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

    Write an entry
    Read more