A Conversation for Monty Python - the Best Bits

fave sketches

Post 1

Ralph the Wonder Llama and André the dodo; Excrement Occurs

I liked Bicycle repairman, the funniest joke and I bet you they won't play this song on the radio


fave sketches

Post 2

Danny B

smiley - musicalnoteI bet you the smiley - bleep-ing old programme directors
Will think it's a load of horse-smiley - bleepsmiley - musicalnote


fave sketches

Post 3

Ralph the Wonder Llama and André the dodo; Excrement Occurs

That's the one!


fave sketches

Post 4

Rosey_Raven

Bicycle repair man is a fabulous sketch! Have you seen 'The funniest joke in the world' sketch it's hilarious!smiley - biggrin


fave sketches

Post 5

AliciaDavison

For me, I can't go past the fish slapping dance and the dead parrot sketch. Though in truth, I do love any Python. I realised I was hooked when at a pub one night and failing having the film clips for the songs they were playing, they put up Life of Brian and even without being able to hear it, I could recite it word for word. Heheheh, the Romans making Brian correct his wrongly spelt graffiti *snicker*

Alicia smiley - smiley


fave sketches

Post 6

Ralph the Wonder Llama and André the dodo; Excrement Occurs

That bit is great. My girlfriend takes latin classes, and she really loved that bit.


fave sketches

Post 7

rev. paperboy (god is an iron)

My faves are the less famous ones like the banter sketch
a great source for python fans is found here:
http://bau2.uibk.ac.at/sg/python/Scripts/Alphabetic.html


fave sketches

Post 8

Ralph the Wonder Llama and André the dodo; Excrement Occurs

Cheese shop is great.


fave sketches

Post 9

Special Agent Poops

"Oh, look! The cat's just eaten it!"
smiley - smiley
One of my favourite things about the first series of Flying Circus was when one of the charactors in the sketch would do something ridiculously silly or make a fool of themselves, and a knight in shining armour would walk in and smack them over the head with a chicken! Brilliant!


fave sketches

Post 10

Crinos

It wasn't a sketch but the start of Holy Grail is incredibly funny. The intro by all the different people and then all the stuff about mooses and llamas at the credits.

One of my favourite proper sketches has to be the gangs of vicious grannies all the way to the Turn-left signs! It's just so mad.

Or the very short one where the man walks up to the policeman to report his wallet stolen, but nothing can be done about it. Then the man asks the copper to "come back to my place". To which the proud, upstanding policeman replies "Oh. Alight then".

I love Python and ALL of Terry Jones' other works.


fave sketches

Post 11

Ralph the Wonder Llama and André the dodo; Excrement Occurs

I loved that chicken!! I liked the bit where they tell the knight they don't need him this week, and he sort of walks of looking really hurt and upset.


fave sketches

Post 12

orchidgirl

"It's the single most popular cheese in the world!"

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system.

I'm all about the fish-slapping dance and ALBATROSS! ("what do you mean what flavour is it?") but the cheese shop is probably in the top ten.


fave sketches

Post 13

rev. paperboy (god is an iron)

Not much call for cheddar around here

Way back in 1979 Cheese shop was in fact voted the official game of my high school wargaming society. (My God, how huge a geek was I?)
I also have fond memories of performing Python bits with friends at High school talent night. I met my girlfriend's parents for the first time when I was 15, clad in a stunning coral pink evening gown, replete with a heavy three day beard and long blonde wig,chewing on a cigar butt with a tray of rubber chickens hanging from my neck. They were not python fans, and didn't really understand why I kept hollering 'Albatross' as I wandered through the crowd.


Do you get wafers with it?


fave sketches

Post 14

orchidgirl

LOL!! I can't claim anything nearly as grandiose rev. paperboy but a friend and I used to wander around school saying "No. 1. The larch. THE larch" in answer to pretty much anything we were asked. It's an absolute mystery why I never had many friends.......

Course you don't get any ****** wafers with it, it's a ****** albatross innit?!


fave sketches

Post 15

rev. paperboy (god is an iron)

It's bleeding seabird bloody flavour!


Key: Complain about this post