This is the Message Centre for Helleborus a.k.a. Nigel

How to get qualifications ...

Post 1

Nature Guy

You say that you are "a qualified horticultural advisor". Is that a degree, diploma, registered paper of some sort? It's not a term or 'title' that I have heard of before, and might qualify myself. If I have the background.

Please do tell what and where this qualification can be found? Thank you

How to get qualifications ...

Post 2

Helleborus a.k.a. Nigel

Hello Nature Guy,

The best thing is for you to contact your local college and find out about horticultural courses, I believe that the RHS (Royal Horticultural Society) one is good smiley - ok.

I have years of experience in horticulture and the company that I worked for sent me on lots of courses before I did a course with the HTA (Horticultural Trading Association). This was offered through my company as well as NVQ Level 1 and 2 which was a three year apprenticeship.

I am still registered with the HTA, a course where I learned a lot from. Experience is the key, that is gained by practical as well as lots of theory study.

Also, some of the home study courses are good. Expensive, but it means you do not have to wait until colleges enroll again. I have done one, they are worth the money.

I hope this helps.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Helleborus a.k.a. Nigel

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more