A Conversation for Games Room

Boys v. Girls

Post 29341

Herenna - southpaw for now

1634 Thanks, Peanut, worth a try, if they don't stick together smiley - cool

It's dropped a few degrees and the air's cleared after that thunder and rain. I might even get a few hours of sleep. smiley - smiley

Boys v. Girls

Post 29342

Peanut

Boys v. Girls

Post 29343

ITIWBS

12:30pm today, temperature 101F/38C.

This climate does have its compensations.

Along about the middle of September one steps out, it feels like there's a hint of frost the air

One checks the thermometer and its only 90F/32C.

Also I'm reminded of an early autumn morning one year I stepped out to find dew on the grass (the local native dune grass, which resembles a fescue) and then did a double take.

Dew?

On the grass?

I'd never seen either dew or grass out here before.

Boys v. Girls

Post 29344

ITIWBS

Boys v. Girls

Post 29345

1635 Thunder storm dithering about whether to break properly or not.

Boys v. Girls

Post 29346

Gingersnapper+Keeper of the Cookie Jar and Stuff and Nonsense

+ 1636 + Not too late for smiley - tea today ..
. . . . . . . . . I returned back to your post 1624 Herenna, and read your report. smiley - cheers . .. ...

Boys v. Girls

Post 29347

Peanut

Seems to have been a stormy night in the uk, if it was here I slept through it. It is cool now and the garden is properly watered as it has clearly had a good drenching

Boys v. Girls

Post 29348

ITIWBS

~3:30am need to do a little watering before dawn.

Boys v. Girls

Post 29349

Peanut

Early lunch to contemplate here smiley - biggrin

Boys v. Girls

Post 29350

ITIWBS

In one of the local desert small towns, Thermal, they once tried experimentally to go to a night time business schedule.

It didn't work very well since they still needed to do business with people in other towns who still did business during normal business hours.

Its still not unusual though, to see roadway workers working at night with brilliant floodlights.

Besides getting them some relief from the heat it also has the benefit of reduced traffic levels for them.

For my own part, I'm really most comfortable in night time and early morning conditions during the torrid season unless I have something to do that really needs to be done in regular business hours or really requires daylight.

During my active working career I was usually on call twenty four hours a day, so I'm long used to irregular hours.

Boys v. Girls

Post 29351

1637 Spent a few hours at the country show on the other side of the park. It was so hot and humid that I couldn't stay there any longer, in spite of drinking enough water.

Still, it'll be there tomorrow and it's free entry, so I'll go back and photograph the stuff I didn't get today. smiley - ok

Boys v. Girls

Post 29352

ITIWBS

Cloudy this morning.

Outside temperature, 11:20am 99F/37C

Humidity 37%.

Barometer 30.93"/1047mb.

Boys v. Girls

Post 29353

Hair threatening to eat the brush unless it's oiled first, neapolitan shades of skin, another night of not much sleep ahead. smiley - tea

A large bag of perfectly ripe plums and cherries, oh the hardship.

Boys v. Girls

Post 29354

+ 1638 + Surprise, surprise, I'm on time for smiley - tea . .. ...

Boys v. Girls

Post 29355

1639 Across the park again once I've loaded up. smiley - run

Boys v. Girls

Post 29356

ITIWBS

4:00amsmiley - coffee(s) with sour cream and jam.

Another long wrestling match with the latest round of android/ Google is updates.

Eventually I'm going have a stable customization here, if the creeps at Google can be broken of randomizing controls and settings as often as they update.

Boys v. Girls

Post 29357

27C In the living room at half eleven at night. Maybe it'll be cool enough to sleep right through tonight. smiley - grovel <grovel smiley - grovel

Boys v. Girls

Post 29358

~ ~ smiley - run for smiley - tea time ~ ~ Hope you are sleeping well, Herenna, Lovely cool breeze here all day. After yesterday having a towel handy to mop by brow. We will probably have rain by Tuesday . .. ...

Boys v. Girls

Post 29359

~ ~ { + 1640 + } . .. ... smiley - bubbly . .. ...

Boys v. Girls

Post 29360

Five and a half hours of solid sleep, first time in a couple of weeks! smiley - ok

Three balls up on the galileo, therefore lowish 20s in the living room.

No chance of pooltime today, the small area of sunburn which I got on Saturday isn't ready for the heavily chlorinated water of the local pool, and that's my own silly fault. I did cover up, but there's only so much you can cover when it's hot, humid, and you're outside in bugger all shade for a few hours.

Key: Complain about this post