This is the Message Centre for Researcher 40237

May 23, 1999

Post 1

Researcher 40237

Took the train into DC, seeking books. Books not found in Frederick. "To Destroy You Is No Loss" and "On The Golden Porch". Criddle and Tolstaya. Could find neither volume on the shelves of the largest Border's store around.

Came home to find a coupon from Barnes and Noble blinking at me when I logged on to check mail. Ordered the two books plus another online. Which I don't really like. Part ot the experience of shopping for books is, well, *shopping for books*.

There's a great used bookstore in town. Wunnerful for crawling around on a damp, soggy day. It's pure bliss to climb the stools and the stacks and find some book that you never knew you needed. I have (had) a friend who used to tease that lost, sad books would attach themselves to my pants leg, because they knew I'd give them a home.

Also, saw a man called Artie Traum singing in the cafe. Carried home his CD. Lovely stuff. Acoustic guitar, some Bela Fleck and Tony Levin. I like it quite a bit.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Researcher 40237

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more