This is the Message Centre for Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

well...

Post 1

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

it's almost Christmas but I dont quite have time to celebrate yet,
placement is going well I've been there for two weeks now and there are some very challenging aspects but over all i am finding it very rewarding I've learnt a lot of things... I seem be be learning some form of sign language by osmosis... Christmas nativity songs are the ultimate ear worm and you do look odd when your signing them as you walk down the street (little donkey... oh how i hate little donkey)
I have two essays to hand in before i finish this placement and it seems like I never have enough time to actually write them! I am making a start on the one due next monday (15th?) now so that should be done at least, its partly reflective but i have chosen Gibbs cycle of reflection for this one rather than De Bono 6 hats which is not nice at all and it is my fervent hope that i never need to use it again.
so far I feel a little bit more like a teacher than a nurse but thats fine some of the competencies are probably the same, most of the staff are lovely and there seems to be a real community there which is very nice and supportive. There are problems, the school I feel is a little on the small side and there isnt much for the children to do in the playground especially in the winter when it is so cold

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more