This is the Message Centre for Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Sun Sea and Scones...

Post 1

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Well I unfortunately didnt make it to the Manchester meet,
I was just completely exhausted after London and Exams smiley - sadface
I hope those that did go along had fun and I'm sure it will be in Manchester again at some point

so today was the Thornton Gala smiley - magic
smiley - monster took part as a member of one of the groups he goes to so of course I waited in the hot bright horriable sunshine.... to watch the precession it was very nice. We dont do much in Thornton its a small(ish) village and we cant even manage to keep up a farmers market once a month really... so it was good to see so many people turn out
there were a number of bands including a pipe band from Accrington and all the near by towns and villages had sent in there own queen/princess on a float (council van decorated with glitter and stuff)

and then this afternoon I set out to make scones although the finished product looks a little... blobby I think thats mostly due to the way i put them on the baking tray and our lack of a cutter... so i just sort of blobbed the mix on... smiley - erm
but they taste ok which is the main thing i guess with big lovely cherries inside

you see we've been talked into a fathers day bbq tomorrow since Joe is the only person in the family that can actually cook on a bbq and still produce food fit for human consumption (cooked through but not rendered to ash) and not to mention the George forman grill incident (i'm sure they are wonderful but they are not a bbq)
so the scone/rock cake/blobs with cherries in - shall be served then perhaps with some pumpkin pie since we have a lot of pumpkin in the freezer... or some rhubarb crumble... the defrosted rhubarb might still be classified as food if you dont look too close and i think a crumble may be essential to prevent looking smiley - erm

Oh and the Cat brought home a pigeon today a lovely fat sandy coloured bird nice and... heavy
unfortunately at the time I wasn't feeling too grateful for such a lovely gift and plonked it in the bin and despite the cats lovely new collar with an extra jingly bell the bird was completely intact not a scratch on it (other then the blood coming from its beak) and its a puzzle how the cat managed it really I must be more grateful next time smiley - erm

smiley - doctor Anthea

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more