This is the Message Centre for Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Sunburn

Post 1

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

well it's been half term (well the first half anyway smiley - monster gets 2 weeks)

we've been to Ingleborough Cave and I got some lovely photographs,
and some not so lovely blisters
Once I was able to put shoes on again without crying (a mere 2-3 days till the biggest one stopped being quite so angry)
we then went out to the village fair

now the village is actually really pretty bad at fairs for one it was the same day as the neighbouring village's fair and there fair is generally much better (it's a town really but they want to feel quaint)anyway, we couldn't get to the town so we stayed in the village and went down to the windmill to see what was going on (I told you I live next to a windmill right? smiley - erm) anyway...
there was a bouncy castle and face painting, a puppet guy who terrified the baby smiley - yikes and a few (really bad) stalls and a tombolla...
anyway smiley - monster went to the puppet show while I took baby to the man handing out balloons and then for an ice-cream Vanilla nothing staining....
I hate vanilla I have ever since Charlie was a bump and I still can't stand the stuff it tastes like perfume....
anyway, after the puppet show smiley - monster wanted to get his face painted and baby was sent home with dad for a nap,
45 minuets we waited... well I waited smiley - monster met a friend and ran off to but tombola tickets (he won some shampoo.... SHAMPOO!) and eventually after ages... ages and ages it was at last his turn,
his friend wanted some impossible thing from whatever children watch painted on his face, so.... so did smiley - monster
eventually they compromised and chose spider-man smiley - sigh
anyway we then went to the butcher and baker on our way home
and then we watched the cousin and in the evening went to Joe's brothers and played ticket to ride

in the evening I realised i had sunburn
the day after it was painful on one shoulder
now both shoulders hurt in some sort of tag team of pain smiley - wah

anyway...
Tomorrow (tuesday) we go to Chester Zoo for the day.... what can possibility go wrong

Ps: while I've been writing this Charlie has been playing and standing up on his own, I don't think he realises he is doing it but it's very cute

smiley - doctor Anthea

Sunburn

Post 2

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Oooh! Poor Anthea *gentle smiley - hug*

We are in the middle of a very hot, sunny spell, so Chester Zoo will be a suntrap!

Slap on plenty of high factor protection, and wear an open blouse over your sun-top/t-shirt (cotton preferably)this will catch the slightest breeze that might come along smiley - puff

I hope you have a lovely time smiley - magic

lil x

Sunburn

Post 3

yes I think it will be a quick pop into the store before we set off properly to buy some sun block and some drinks (zoos tend to be amazingly expensive)

Sunburn

Post 4

And a 'at. Don't forget to take your 'at smiley - diva

Sunburn

Post 5

Peanut

*ouch* I hope your shoulders and feet are feeling better.

How did your trip to zoo go?

Sunburn

Post 6

I hope she found plenty of shade. The sun's cracking the flags 8 miles from the zoo smiley - cool

lil

Sunburn

Post 7

Wow it was warm,
plenty of sunscreen and shade
the indoor enclosures (bats etc) are horrendously hot though!
the cheetah's were enjoying a bit of sunbathing and I got some pictures I'm quite happy with

got cheated out of £20 at the exit though for a picture book... they don't tell you it will cost that much when you get the picture taken at the beginning and it was some 3 hours later we'd quite forgotten about it
you can refuse it but they asked the monster....
and we were tired.

he had fun digging for fossils and learned a bit about animals
his favourite were the turtles although he did quite like the baby elephant

Sunburn

Post 8

Peanut

Apart from the £20

smiley - wow sounds like a great day out, lucky you seeing such amazing animals smiley - cool

Does smiley - monster have a holiday diary to do or anything for school?

Hiccup class used to have the chance to tell the class about anything interesting they have done, which could include photos or art, whatever really. Someone took their new rabbit in!

Perhaps he could take the photo in and get a housepoint or a merit badge for it.

Sunburn

Post 9

I'm not sure, not that I've noticed in his diary,
smiley - erm I'll print him out a picture anyway,

two new blisters though (different shoes... old ones)

Sunburn

Post 10

Peanut

only one thing for it smiley - doctor

new look

bare foot hippy smiley - peacesign

Key: Complain about this post