A Conversation for Fibromyalgia-The Spouse's Survival Guide

Care for caregivers of spouses with fibro

Post 1

gablueskies

I was a little incredulous when I read "Do whatever she asks and maybe you will survive" as a survival tip for spouses of people with fibromyalgia! Now I realize that this post was written years ago, but really I think that we can do a little better than that. The bottom line is that spouses of people with fibromyalgia are caregivers like many other caregivers. Most of us didn't realize what we were getting ourselves into, and so we have had this role thrust upon us unwittingly and often unwillingly. Many spouses of people who develop chronic illnesses, especially earlier in life, do leave. We are the ones who have decided to stay, so what we really need to be talking about are coping strategies and ways to maximize our own quality of life with at the same time being loving spouses in our caregiving roles.

This is not a very active forum for such a discussion. Are there any places out there on the Internet where fibro spouses are interacting more? I would love to find a more active forum.

Key: Complain about this post

Care for caregivers of spouses with fibro

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more