This is the Message Centre for Snitnop

An ACE enters at his peril!!!

Post 1

threesecondmemory

Hello there and welcome to h2g2.

I'm an ACE (assistant community editor) which basically means I have volunteered to greet newbies like yourself and to be generally helpful around the site.

So, what's it all bout then? Life, the universe and everything! A bit broad I know. smiley - smiley

I've put together a page of links that you may find useful: -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A682337

Check these links out and I'll be here if you want a chat or have any questions.

threesecondmemory

Post 2

Snitnop

Thanks for the welcome. It's a big place isn't it! No doubt there will be plenty of people to 'show me the ropes' smiley - smiley

Post 3

threesecondmemory

there are loads of helpful people on h2g2, especially the ACEs. so how are you enjoying it so far?

Post 4

threesecondmemory

smiley - whistle

Post 5

Snitnop

Sorry!

Not posted over the weekend .. .too much smiley - ale and not enough smiley - coffee !!!

Liking it a lot so far, so much to read - plus am re-visiting my collection of D.A books so have not spent a great deal of time on the net. It's something I hope to remedy ..... watch out for my first guide entry, coming soon er, when I've decided what I shall write about that is smiley - smiley

Post 6

threesecondmemory

I had an smiley - ale fuelled weekend too. But nothing new there! Where'd you get to?

Post 7

Snitnop

I stayed in ... hey it's the new going out smiley - huh

Finding pubs and clubs full of Atomic Kitten & Gareth Gates wannabes, I tend to stay at home a lot, with nice bottle or three of something. I know that I will always be able to sit down, any music played will suit my personal taste, food will be of decent quality and any nuts or crisps that I may have, will not have been assailed by people on their way back from the toilet.

I know that makes me sound like a raging bore, but honestly, you come to realise that pretty much everything you did as a youngster, becomes so very tiresome in your dotage. Having said that there are a number of nice pubs which serve decent beer and food and don't have the latest pop tunes blasting out. Kittens & Gates are, sadly, unavoidable even in these oases smiley - sadface

Post 8

threesecondmemory

I get bored at home. I'm out most nights. I'm into live stand up so I spend a lot of my time in the manchester comedy clubs. If I'm not doing that, I'm gigging with the band. The only time I stay in is if the girlfriend is round and we are having a "quiet night in" but that's always fun. smiley - smiley

Post 9

threesecondmemory

You still around h2g2?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Snitnop

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more