This is the Message Centre for Geggs

QoTD Archive

Post 1

Geggs

Right, that's the Archive (A87720564) and the leaderboards (A87732822) up to date.

It looks like Mu Beta is establishing a bit of a lead, breaking away with 5 Quotes, ahead of a chasing pack of Ed, Gnomon, Hoo and Icy on 3 apiece.

QoTD Archive

Post 2

Geggs

I've cleaned the 1st Quarter quotes out of the main archive page, and moved them to A87751443.

I've created a page for the standings at the end of the 1st Quarter at A87751461. Edward the Bonono is in the lead with 8 Quotes, and <./>Askh2g2</.> is clearly the most popular forums for Quotes.

I wasn't sure whether to make the 1st Quarter Standings page, as I'll now feel compelled to make a 2nd Quarter page, though I'm not yet sure whether that one should be a record of the 2nd Quarter alone, or a combined half-year standings page. I've got a bit of time to decide on that one. But only a bit.

Geggs

QoTD Archive

Post 3

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Some of us are, I guess, destined to be unquotable... smiley - bigeyes

QoTD Archive

Post 4

Geggs

Oh, I don't know...

Actually, I'm quite encouraged that the first 15 days of the 2nd quarter have had Quotes by 15 different researchers, 9 of which didn't have Quotes in the 1st quarter.

I checked the year so far, and there's been Quotes from 61 different researchers since the start of 2012, and there's a couple of people I can think of that still don't appear in the list (you included, of course smiley - winkeye).

Geggs

QoTD Archive

Post 5

To be quoted is to be quotable. To be unquotable is to be unquotable. The quoted remain quoted, whilst the unquoted remain enagmatic... Forever hidden in the eternal backwaters of the unwritten, unremembered, scant fleeting moments of words, edging the tangible and unattainable, like gosamer threads of a spiders web, momentarily brought into relief by morning dew... smiley - zensmiley - biro

QoTD Archive

Post 6

Geggs

Oh come on now, don't beg. You don't need to lower yourself to that level.

Geggs

QoTD Archive

Post 7

Lower? That was positively raising myself up to hithertoo unpopulated heights of decency and taste, given the rest of my life... smiley - biggrinsmiley - snorksmiley - rofl

QoTD Archive

Post 8

Geggs

I'm going to be away for a few days, so I won't be able to update the archive till after the weekend. Hope you'll all be able to cope with the wait! smiley - winkeye

Geggs

QoTD Archive

Post 9

smiley - bigeyes This is most unacceptible! What do we pay you for? smiley - erm oh... we don't pay you do we? smiley - winekeysmiley - biggrin I expect we'll cope smiley - zensmiley - grovel

QoTD Archive

Post 10

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

*hand up* smiley - ok

I volunteer.. ummm... Oh, I'm already a volunteer! smiley - doh

... anyway... I volunteer to spread the news to our quote vicccc... ummm...quote winners! smiley - bubblysmiley - diva *hic*

lil xx

QoTD Archive

Post 11

Geggs

I should still be able to congratulate folks, as I can do that on my phone. But being away from a computer means I won't be able to update the archive.

Geggs

QoTD Archive

Post 12

Sooper! I'll leave you to it smiley - oksmiley - smooch

lil xx

QoTD Archive

Post 13

Geggs

Seeing as I haven't got internet in the new house at the moment, I have to update the archive and leaderboards when I get into work (and when I can get 5 minutes). This means there will be a bit of a delay over weekends, but this weekends' Quotes have now been added.

Also, now that it's the Pliny front page being update with QotD, should I be using Pliny links (which need to be written out in full) or stick with the Ripley links (which can be done in 'shorthand')?

And how do you reference the Pliny Front Page in posts? <./>FrontPage</.> doesn't work in Pliny.

Geggs

QoTD Archive

Post 14

Hi Geggs,

There are no shortcuts with Pliny. For the Front Page you need the full url:

http://h2g2.com/

When contacting our viccc.... ummm smiley - erm ... Quotees, you will need to give them the links used in Pliny, which you will find below the quote in 'read this forum'

You can continue using your preferred skin when dealing with your archives.

I hope this helps smiley - ok

lil xx

QoTD Archive

Post 15

Geggs

I've updated the archives and leaderboard for the first time this month.

Hopefully we'll be getting the internet at home this Thursday, which will make life a bit easier.

Geggs

Key: Complain about this post