This is the Message Centre for Geggs

Finally an answer!

Post 1

Geggs

This week I got an Android phone, and have been merrily playing with it for a few days. This morning I was searching through the Android market for a QR barcode reader, when I stumbled upon Google Goggles, I remembered why I originally wanted an Android.

Google Goggles is a program that allows you to search using a picture that you have taken with your phone, which when I first heard of it did strike me as the great missing piece of internet search, and it has enabled me to finally answer a question that has been following me around for most of my adult life.

I was given this poster 15 years ago, because someone I knew at Uni thought I looked like the person in the in the picture, but for all this time I haven't known who the artist is, or the subject. The person that gave it to me could never remember, and the poster contains no name.

So, this afternoon, after a brief search for it in the loft, I took a picture of the poster with my phone and googled it.

I now have my answer. It's a self portrait by Egon Schiele, who was a protégé of Klimt. He was born in 1890 and died in 1918 of Spanish flu.

The portrait from the poster is top right on the wiki page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egon_Schiele

I must say, that finally having an answer to this is a great relief. Technology has provided a solution that I wouldn't been able to find out on my own.

Finally an answer!

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

That's really cool. smiley - smiley

Finally an answer!

Post 3

Sho - employed again!

way cool. (and having an Android phone I must now try it out)

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Geggs

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more